|Top Previous Next|
1. Remove and clean the main engine harness ground (normally on the thermostat housing). Check the Coil Pack Retrofit harness ground goes to the same bolt, and makes good contact with the housing.
2. Switch on the ignition key. Does the power (green) light illuminate? Yes - go to the next item. No - check the wiring is getting battery voltage when the ignition is switched on.
Before cranking the engine disconnect the injectors to prevent the engine flooding with fuel.
3. Crank the engine for approx 0.5 seconds. Does the IGN (red) light flash? Yes - go to the next item. No - check the ignition wire from the Coil Pack Retrofit to the ECU is connected to the correct pin in the ECU connector.
4. Crank the engine for approx 2 seconds. Does the SYNC (yellow) light flash at 1/4 the rate of the IGN light? Yes - go to the next item. No - check the SYNC output is enabled in SManager and check the SYNC wire from the Coil Pack Retrofit to the ECU is connected to the correct pin in the ECU connector.
5. Remove a coil pack and ground the body of the spark plug against the chassis. Crank the engine for 2 seconds. Is there a spark? Yes - the problem is not with the ignition system. No - replace the coil pack.