o2 sensor help

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
sgtflex

o2 sensor help

Post by sgtflex »

Hey I have a JDM Integra IS (rsx base) with a PRB Kpro ecu(RECENTLY installed) and about to do the k20a2 head swap. I am getting the following error codes:

P0141-Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor (Secondary HO2S) (Sensor 2) Heater Circuit Malfunction
P0661-Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) Valve Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
P0134-Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) No Activity Detected
P1166-Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater Circuit Malfunction

For sure I know the P0661 is related to my ecu being PRB and not responding to the secondary intake runners ( will fix with RBC) and the other 3 of those codes are related to the primary and secondary o2 sensor so I believe it is time to change them (unless this can be related only to the PRB Kpro?:dontknow:) . Can you advise me if the 2 o2 codes could just be related to the Kpro(like its not set up to read the base sensors?) and if they are not related to that would I order the Type S or Base Denso o2 sensor with the ecu and head swap? Oh are maybe It could be some difference in the JDM and USDM versions (because I remember I had to turn off my oil pressure switched enabled because I am JDM):dontknow::dontknow:

Also I think it may be good to mention I only got the CEL when I installed the kpro(the same night).
sgtflex

Post by sgtflex »

Oh damn I forgot, if do need to change my primary o2 do I (im boosting):

a) just get a wideband gauge and controller with controller and sensor and run to the Kpro instead of just replacing the o2

b) Get the oem primary for now and use a different bung for the wideband

c) the kpro reads wideband from the primary 02 so you dont need a wideban gauge anyways

???
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

What calibration are you using? It might be best to use the Civic Si calibration, since it does not use the secondary runners.
Hondata
sgtflex

Post by sgtflex »

I was running both the "k20a3-base-factory" and the "k20a3-base-tuned-89octane" with the same issue.

Using the civic si map would help with the intake runner error.

How about the o2 sensor errors, are they just dead or is it a compatibility issue with the ecu(because im running a prb instead of the stock pna) or map?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Please post a datalog. It is either a dead ECU or a wiring difference between the US and JDM vehicles.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the code of the ECU that was originally in the vehicle (the complete code)?
sgtflex

Post by sgtflex »

sorry i just checked is pnd not pna. the code is 37820-pnd-013

I went on a little datalog but too much traffic was on the road. I can tell you this, my af ratio is stuck at 10.47, also my S.Trim and L.Trim. Maybe later I can datalog again with less traffic. The car is definitely running rich even with the civic stock map (I can smell gas) . Im definitely thinking either my o2 is gone or the wiring for my jdm car is different. But its weird that the only time i got this error is when I installed the Hondata.

Dead ecu? But the hondata is doing everything else and reading everything else. Its just the o2 codes im getting.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Please post a picture of the inside of the ECU. I believe this ecu is nto like the PRB, PRC and PRD. It may not be able to run a wideband o2.
sgtflex

Post by sgtflex »

Here is the pic of my stock ecu. My Hondata ecu is a PRB with the code 37820-prb-a05.

I know im a newbie but isnt the pnd the same as a base 5speed?
Attachments
DSC02944.jpg
DSC02944.jpg (360.69 KiB) Viewed 4105 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

That ECU only works with a narrow band o2 sensor. Therefore, you need to use a PRA based (Euro CTR) calibration. The PRB, PRC, PRD, PND and PNF calibrations will not work.
Hondata
sgtflex

Post by sgtflex »

Okay thank you. I bought the wideband o2 sensor for the US base. Will i be able to wire this to my prb kpro? Or will I have to return it for a type S unit?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will have to do all the wiring for this, but it is not something we support as we do not have any knowledge of this car.