need help with hondalogger

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
civicext

need help with hondalogger

Post by civicext »

whats going on every one?

well how can i tell this to you guys...lol
this how it all got started, about 6 moths ago i blow my radiator in my car. so i just parcked the car and let it set there. in the last few weeks i started to do some work to it to get it back on the road and hit a few tracks.

when i replaced the radiator i had a problem with the fan cutting on so i did a bypass. i cut the car off unplugged the sener and ran a wired betwean the two cunecters that run the fan. i got the fan to work after about 10 min, but i was pulling my hand away to let it run for a few more min i pulled the wire out so i just pluged the senser back in to see if it was working right witch it was. but ever seince then my engine light stays on nowwitch sucks witch i desited to go head and get datalogging for my s200.

i got my my hondata box back for my tuner. i get it all hucked back up and the led in the box will not come onbut the car starts up and runs fine. the cable i a got is a usb to serial for my sony vaio modal vgn-fs810w. at first nothing worked so i messed with it changed the input from 92 to 95 3.0 to 2.1 then it had connecting problem then i changed thange com port it connected . then after that all the reading wore off air temp was 248, water was 248, rpm was reading 9999, speed was reading 176, thottle was reading -11% thats is some of the stuff it was reading wrong.

but if some one can tell me whats going on i would be thank fall..
civicext

Post by civicext »

well i was messing with the datalogging for a few min. something told me to check the ecu information part and it was reading communication error. i do not know if it is the usb port i am using or there is a problem with the hondata system. cant wait to fix this set up
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You said that the light in the Hondata interface box is not lighting up? If that is the case you may have a damaged ecu. I would suggest trying your Hondata system in a different ecu.
Last edited by Spunkster on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
civicext

Post by civicext »

thanks for the info

but if thats the case could it be a lose wire i havent messed with that ecu seince it was put in. but i guess it may have gone bad from sitting there...lol
civicext

Post by civicext »

update
i pulled the ecu out the car to see what was going on. i pulled the cuver off the ecu and what did i see is the wire that gos to the interface box was pulled out so from there i plugged it back in it works fine. now if i just can get the data logging part to work now....lol