analog inputs

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
1980civicb16

analog inputs

Post by 1980civicb16 »

i have been wanting to set up EGT , fuel and oil pressure, and some other analog inputs into my s300, but my sensor setup list only lets me show them as voltage even tho i have set each one up in analog input parameters

my data log also shows them as V instead of the units. in sensor setup under options it only lets me do them in volts
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: analog inputs

Post by Spunkster »

Post your calibration as well as datalogs showing what you're describing.
DaX

Re: analog inputs

Post by DaX »

I can help with fuel and oil pressure, as I am logging these through analog inputs. I'm using a 0-150 psi sensor for each, and they list the scaling at 0.5V = 0 psi (0 bar) and 4.5V = 150 psi (10.34 bar).

For oil pressure, as an example:
Input: Analog 1
Name: Oil Pressure
Conversion: Custom
Type: Pressure
Units: PSI
Voltage Offset: 0
Custom Input:
0.5V = 0 bar
4.5V = 10.3 bar

Fuel pressure is set up the same, but on Analog 2. Check with the paperwork that comes with your sensor and adjust the scaling (bottom table labeled as "Custom Input") as necessary - you'll have to enter it into Hondata in bar, not PSI.

To make sure you're displaying the correct units, right click on the field in the display area, click on Sensor > Analog Inputs, and select the one that starts with "AN#" that corresponds to the correct analog input. Don't select the one that says "Analog#". Also go to Options > Sensors, scroll down to the corresponding "AN#", and verify your units are set to what you want (probably psi). Also make sure your max and min values make sense or you won't be able to see the values on the graph. For instance, when I set up oil pressure (AN1) on a graph, it wants to default to a 0-5 psi display range. I had to edit that to be 0-150 psi or the graph just shows a solid line maxed out.