2006 Civic Si w/ K24 Swap is in limp mode

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
hamadata

2006 Civic Si w/ K24 Swap is in limp mode

Post by hamadata »

I recently got a 2006 K24 Swapped Si and I am having a couple of troubles setting it up. It has a Hondata flashpro installed and I am able to access things and even put on the base tunes for the 2006 Si on the list. My issue is that though it is a K swap, Hondata won't let me put a k24 car tune, and also with the current (stock 2006 Si) tune I have on, I cannot go above 3000 RPM. The engine codes are for knock sensor and also oxygen sensor along with a MAF sensor reading low voltage (live data shows me that the pressure is being read just fine. I am pretty new to tuning so please if anyone can bestow their expertise I'd be more than grateful. I can answer any additional questions and do anything you need me to provide further detail.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 2006 Civic Si w/ K24 Swap is in limp mode

Post by Spunkster »

You should be able to custom tune this for larger displacement on the dyno. You do need to resolve the error codes you are getting first.
hamadata

Post by hamadata »

Thank you for your reply, is it possible for the wrong tune to cause my car to go into limo mode? Currently it has the stock tune for a civic si with the regular engine which gets it to start up and run okay however it’ll not go above 3K rpm. Could a better tune solve the issue or do I have to address the codes individually (sort of like it’s the sensors that are broken). Appreciate your time!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should follow the factory service manual for troubleshooting the codes individually.