Hondata tune not engaging

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Broken dc5

Hondata tune not engaging

Post by Broken dc5 »

Hey so I recently ran into a problem with my dc5. So my dc5 is tuned on hondata flash pro it’s a k24 swap. The way the previous owner set up the tune is that when the oil fully circulates the engine light will pop on engaging the tune. Recently I put in an obd scanner to check some information and I’m not sure if this is the reason why but a day after I was driving it and I noticed the engine light wasn’t popping up even when I’m at optimal temp. I thought to myself maybe I gotta start moving first so I started driving for good 20 mins still no sign of the engine light popping on. Till this day the engine light still won’t pop on meaning my tune is not engaging. When the tune is not engage there’s a safety feature where the car won’t let me go past 5k rpms so this is a really big issue for me when driving the vehicle as it physically won’t let me go past 5k rpms nor will the engine light come on. Can anybody help me out as to why my engine light isn’t engaging. I also noticed after that day I’ve been running a bit more lean and my car will start off at like 19 AFR and work it’s way down to about 15.7-16
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Hondata tune not engaging

Post by Spunkster »

The FlashPro cannot be used on a DC5.

What you are describing about a light and engaging a tune does mot make any sense.