Civic 10 CVT tune

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

KhairulSulong

Civic 10 CVT tune

Post by KhairulSulong »

Hi. So i just bought Hondata Flashpro yesterday and install the +6 cali on my car. Can someone please help take a look at my datalog and see if I need to change anything. I'm pretty new to this so I don't know what to look for. My car is stock. I just change the back exhaust system. Downpipe still stock. Thank you in advance.
Attachments
datalog0000.fpdl
(3.37 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
KhairulSulong

Re: Civic 10 CVT tune

Post by KhairulSulong »

Forgot to mention, I have a 2020 Civic 1.5T CVT.
KhairulSulong

Post by KhairulSulong »

Hi again.
Here's are my WOT and normal driving for my calibration. Really thankfull if someone would look it and tell me what need to be change.
Attachments
KhairulSulong.Normal.Civic1.5T.fpdl
(3.84 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
KhairulSulong.WOP.Civic1.5T.fpdl
(211.44 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
RedYung

Post by RedYung »

Looks OK with 19 psi boost, which is expected for +6 cali.
Btw, try disable the Artificial Knock Control as it raise your knock control once you approaching 5.5k rpm and above.
Your WOT shows 3 knock count but the datalog is not start from beginning, so I'm not sure when the knock happens.
If it happens on ~3K rpm or above, it is a real knock and you might need to retard the knock ignition limit table at certain air charge load and rpm.

Pay attention to your knock count and CVT temperature. You need to aware of any audible knock with a retarding feel during acceleration which is indication of real knocks just happened and it is not good for it to happening too frequent.

For example, 3 knocks are ok if it happens 1 by 1 over 30 mins or something.
But let's say if 6 knocks happens in a few seconds on 1 or more cylinder during low speed and mid-high rpm (~3K rpm or above) hard acceleration is something need to be avoided!
some knocks might even happen on ~1k RPM which can be ignored, it is just abnormal combustions that happens sometime even to a stock tune.

However, do whatever at your own risk, my post here is just to share with you my experience and I will not be responsible for anything you do.
KhairulSulong

Post by KhairulSulong »

RedYung wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:26 pm Looks OK with 19 psi boost, which is expected for +6 cali.
Btw, try disable the Artificial Knock Control as it raise your knock control once you approaching 5.5k rpm and above.
Your WOT shows 3 knock count but the datalog is not start from beginning, so I'm not sure when the knock happens.
If it happens on ~3K rpm or above, it is a real knock and you might need to retard the knock ignition limit table at certain air charge load and rpm.

Pay attention to your knock count and CVT temperature. You need to aware of any audible knock with a retarding feel during acceleration which is indication of real knocks just happened and it is not good for it to happening too frequent.

But let's say if 6 knocks happens in a few seconds on 1 or more cylinder during low speed and mid-high rpm (~3K rpm or above) hard acceleration is something need to be avoided!
some knocks might even happen on ~1k RPM which can be ignored, it is just abnormal combustions that happens sometime even to a stock tune.

However, do whatever at your own risk, my post here is just to share with you my experience and I will not be responsible for anything you do.
Oh i see. But before i do WOT on top, i was just cruising not over 3k rpm. I will try disable the artificial knock first. And do another log. Thank you for replying. 😁
KhairulSulong

Post by KhairulSulong »

RedYung wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:26 pm Looks OK with 19 psi boost, which is expected for +6 cali.

Hey RedYung,
Sorry for late datalog upload. but here's is my WOP and cruising log. I already disable the Artificial Knock Control in the mods. I saw 1 knock happen when I do a WOP. Is that something I need to worry about? Anyways thank you in advance, really hope you can get back to me as soon as you can.
Attachments
Cruise.fpdl
(4.45 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
2nd.WOP.fpdl
(246.31 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
1st.WOP.fpdl
(253.26 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
KhairulSulong

Post by KhairulSulong »

Can anyone help me look at these's logs? Is it safe for me to run it on my car? Thank you!
RedYung

Post by RedYung »

Looks ok, so far only 1 real knock at 3k rpm on 2 bar. The other one happens at very low load, shouldn't be a concern.
Just keep monitor if there is no sudden surge and constant stay for knock control above 60%, then should be fine.
It is a concern if you have many knocks and knock control stay high >60%.
normally it stay at 54% for fuel in my location.

I see your datalog starts with 1 knock already, so not sure where that 1st knock happened.

Your XY fuel trim looks normal even it is on -ve s-trim side, but let it be. I tried to fine tune it before and runs into more random knocks as it runs leaner. For hot and high humid country, it is sensitive.
KhairulSulong

Post by KhairulSulong »

RedYung wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:38 am Looks ok, so far only 1 real knock at 3k rpm on 2 bar. The other one happens at very low load, shouldn't be a concern.
Just keep monitor if there is no sudden surge and constant stay for knock control above 60%, then should be fine.
It is a concern if you have many knocks and knock control stay high >60%.
normally it stay at 54% for fuel in my location.

I see your datalog starts with 1 knock already, so not sure where that 1st knock happened.

Your XY fuel trim looks normal even it is on -ve s-trim side, but let it be. I tried to fine tune it before and runs into more random knocks as it runs leaner. For hot and high humid country, it is sensitive.
Thank you for replying. I’m currently using Petronas RON95 fuel. I’m also from Malaysia actually 😁.

So it’s okay for me to run it right? I just need to watch my knock control and make sure it’s not over 60%. Or do I need to change to RON97 for the ease of mind? I really don’t know how to fine tuned my flashpro. Really new to this. 😅
RedYung

Post by RedYung »

Ron95 is enough. I'm running high output tune (265kpa boost). As long as you don't getting a few numbers of knocks at the same time and the car jerk during the knock, then should be fine. I usually monitor knock count as it will increase the knock control if it is a serious knock.

My average knock count is 0-2 for a ~30mins commute. Most of the time is 0 and occasionally 1 and rarely get anything more than that.
And most importantly I can't hear or feel the knock. Whenever I see the count increase, I will check the knock control and if stays normal 54~ then the knock can be ignored, usually it is a louder combustion noise that the microphone sensor take it as knock (or abnormal combustion).