Need help understanding flashpro (new user) and a few questions.

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
CrazzzzyMonky

Need help understanding flashpro (new user) and a few questions.

Post by CrazzzzyMonky »

First off thank you in advance for any help. I have a 2012 coupe with minor mods. I believe the engine is stock. It has a stage 3 action clutch with a lightweight flywheel. It also has a filter on the side of the valve cover for crackcase vent and a cap where it ran into the intake (not sure if that matters) The previous owner put what he called a "unlocked" base tune on it? I'm guessing just a hondata reflash. He also stated that with the flywheel he had to tune off the cam angle sensor??? to stop it from engaging limp mode. I logged a pulled earlier that I will attach, however I'm not able to get into any of the tables is that something that has to been done when its pulled into the car? That was my main issue is not being able to do anything with the fuel or timing. If there are any good videos explaining the software that you could direct me too that would be awesome. Thanks again for any help. Maybe one last thing, I was looking at getting the acuity intake next, along with a fuel rail and injectors. Is that a good route or would it be better to do something like intake and ... downpipe? It has the resonator removed so I'm guessing its just straight piped from the header connection back.
Attachments
run2.fpdl
(5.52 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
EFICU

Re: Need help understanding flashpro (new user) and a few questions.

Post by EFICU »

It sounds more like you mean he put a "locked" calibration in there, based on not being able to adjust fuel and ignition. If it was unlocked, you would be able to make those changes. You can't disable the cam angle sensor in the calibration, so it sounds like he was telling you a story or is unfamiliar with the tune and tuning in general. That and your cam angle is registering in the datalog, so if he were able to disable that sensor it isn't. He might have been confused with disabling the CEL code for misfire detection. The 9th gens can cause a false misfire with aftermarket clutches and light flywheels. So that code can be turned off so you don't get a CEL from it.

As far as mods, there is really no need for bigger injectors unless you plan to go boost or perhaps full bolt on. If you plan to run something like the Acuity, DP, and a 3" exhaust, then you might want to add injectors to ease the duty cycle a bit. I would recommend OEM RDX injectors. They would provide you the best tuning and drivability, and be all you would ever need naturally aspirated. Anything bigger without going boost is just a bragging right if you want to look at it that way, but there is nothing to be gained by adding really big injectors over the all around great injector from the RDX. The fuel rail would be for show, there wouldn't really be a need for it, but if you want it then that's fine. But don't get a rail thinking it will help much on your setup.

But yeah, depending on how far you want to go, the Acuity/DP/exhaust would be a killer setup and probably be very happy with it. Granted you do a proper tune on it so you can make all the cam angle mapping decisions based on the data. The calibration you're driving on right now has too much cam angle for your setup and a lot of knock. I would start working on the knock right away. The fuel stuff isn't terrible, but it could use a lot of adjustment for sure. If you add RDX injectors, please get them from a credible source and not eBay or Amazon. There are fake RDXs going around causing a lot of issues. See this blog for more info. https://iconicauto-design.com/blogs/new ... -injectors