Boot Load Firmware Issue and Unable to update it

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
bryandiaz0898

Boot Load Firmware Issue and Unable to update it

Post by bryandiaz0898 »

Hello,

I just purchased my Hondata FlashPro. I tried installing it and making sure all the checks were green in the FlashPro Window.

I am getting only one issue and that is the firmware. It has a warning sign and per the instructions, I am supposed to have all green checks. I
am running the latest Hondata FlashPro Manager Software (3.9.3.0).

I read in other posts that there may be an issue with USB3 (which is all the new modern laptops have). I also read that to unplug + plug the USB cable from the laptop several times would do the trick. But NO.

Then in the Quick Guide, I read that you can update the Boot Firmware, and since my issue says "Bootloader Checksum: 0x6E5CE512". I also see that the Bootloader version is 1. Hence I though perhaps the Boot Firmware needs to be updated. The guide actually says you can go to the Help Menu and click on "Update FlashPro Boot Firmware" . So I tried it, but it keeps just failing. It says to try again, but even after multiple tries, it does not update anything.

Then I thought perhaps it's my laptop (gaming laptop with 32GB of Ram and all USB3 and USBC ports) perhaps is too new. So I tried in other "elderly" laptops which have USB2. But they are all giving me the same issue "Failed. Please try again before un-plugging the FlashPro"

If someone has experiences this , please let me know how I can possible fix this. Else please suggest how to contact Hondata to see if I can get a replacement (maybe its the FlashPro Issue) or troubleshooting steps. I am not able to see anybody else struggling with this.

Thank you so much in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Boot Load Firmware Issue and Unable to update it

Post by Hondata »

You do not need to update the boot firmware. If it fine as it is.
Hondata
bryandiaz0898

Post by bryandiaz0898 »

thanks for your response!

So it does not matter that the warning sign is there?

I thought it was a must as I see every “How-to” YouTube Video saying that all should be a green check mark

kindly confirm
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You do not need to update the boot firmware. It is fine as it is.
Hondata
MoSpeedSi

Post by MoSpeedSi »

I dont have the same checksum error but its similar, Just want to verify that ill be ok to start calibrating even though i have that error. Im less that one green check
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It is fine as it is.
Hondata