vtec choking out fuel please help

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Lookout22

vtec choking out fuel please help

Post by Lookout22 »

im trying to tune my car on e85. everythings going fine, im trying to add vtec into the equation now and its choking the car out upon engagement. the injector duty cycle falls flat on its face for some reason. im assuming its probably a mechanical issue? any help would be great . thanks. calibration file and datalog being uploaded. im also kind of new to this so any other advice to add or remove to the tune would be appreciated.
Attachments
baxleys.skl
(12.19 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
vtec drop off.s3d
(168.14 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: vtec choking out fuel please help

Post by Spunkster »

on the low am you are going from about 2000 units of fuel to only 1500 on the high cam when it engages. I suspect you need to add more fuel at that RPM on the high cam.

You also do not have flex fuel input enabled, but it is showing 100% ethanol and a fuel temp of 420.8 F.
Lookout22

Post by Lookout22 »

I’m not doing a flex fuel tune just straight ethanol. I shouldn’t need it enabled should I? My wideband is reading that it’s plenty rich enough at those rpm’s. If I take vtec off it runs just fine
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Do you have a flex fuel sensor installed?
Lookout22

Post by Lookout22 »

Yes but I decided I’m not going to really utilize it right now and just go straight ethanol no gas
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The calibration does not have it enabled. but it appears to be enabled in the datalog as it is showing an ethanol percentage and a fuel temp. Perhaps this is not the calibration that the datalogs were made using.