2013 Civic Si (Need help with a tune)

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
faizan.fazal

2013 Civic Si (Need help with a tune)

Post by faizan.fazal »

Hello,

I have a 2013 Civic Si Sedan. I have a k-tuned short ram intake installed and I recently also installed a 3-inch invidia N1 catback exhaust system. I have a hondata flashpro and I am looking to tune my car. Could you guys recommend a tune for these specific mods? I am not able to find any base maps for just the short ram intake and a catback exhaust for the 2013 model. The only base tune I see that is close to my mods is this one as shown in the attachment but this is for a 2012 model and it also includes "Cat Delete" which I currently do not have.
tune.PNG
tune.PNG (47.81 KiB) Viewed 504 times
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You
EFICU

Re: 2013 Civic Si (Need help with a tune)

Post by EFICU »

Welcome to the platform, since you want to tune it yourself and want to use a Hondata basemap, I would recommend that you do start with the highlighted option from your screenshot because that one is speed density (MAP based). You need the MAP based tune for the K-Tuned intake due to the 3.5" diameter skewing the MAF reading. The fact that is shows a cat delete has a minor impact, if anything starts you off with a little more fuel than needed instead of not enough. I would recommend you looking into tuning each cam angle individually to get you started on the best path to success, otherwise you will be chasing the tables a little bit.

Once you get it loaded up, shoot for a twenty minute datalog and inspect everything from fuel to knock. Then go from there. I wouldn't get too aggressive with the driving until you see a datalog to assess how the tune looks. But one third gear wide open throttle (WOT) pull from 3000-7000 should be enough to see how the WOT fuel looks.

Don't worry about the notation of 2012, it's just how they are saved in the system. You have "2013" selected in the middle drop down, so you'll be fine. If for some reason you do download a 2012 file it won't even load to the ECU, so don't sweat it. In your screenshot, you have the correct one, it says 2013 in the middle drop down. Absolutely do not grab one with "RBC" in the title though, that will open up issues.