AFR Corrected is no longer accurate compared to wideband gauge

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
xxshift

AFR Corrected is no longer accurate compared to wideband gauge

Post by xxshift »

I have been successfully been tuning my S2000 with both the AFR Corrected and my AEM Wideband AFR gauge for some time now. They have always been almost exactly equal to each other, and very reliable.

I'm not exactly sure when, but sometime in the last year I noticed that the AFR Corrected readings have been on average about 0.4 AFR higher than my AEM Wideband.

In order to try and resolve this I tried everything I could, which includes the following:
1. Replace AEM Wideband completely, and triple check wiring and ground connections. Everything was perfectly in line with both AEM and Hondata recommendations. After replacing, the reading were identical to before.
2. Replace OEM Primary O2 Wideband sensor. Again, everything seemed to be perfect but the readings were identical again to what they were before. Around 0.4 AFR higher than the AEM wideband.
3. Verify and reflash my tune with 0.00 Wideband Offset voltage. I confirmed that the visual gauge and Hondata were both displaying identical numbers.

After doing everything above, I ran multiple more tests to validate the data and it still resulted in the same 0.4 AFR variation as it was previously.

I'm only coming here now seeking support in case there may be a glitch or miscalculation in the corrected AFR in the Hondata Flashpro software that may be causing the data to be different than it was before.

If you need logs, I've got them, the largest variations appear to be as the AFR's go richer.

Examples:
If my AEM Wideband is 12.1 then the AFR Corrected is around 12.5-12.6
If my AEM Wideband is 13.1 then the AFR Corrected is around 13.4-13.5
If my AEM Wideband is 13.8 then the AFR Corrected is around 14.0-14.1
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: AFR Corrected is no longer accurate compared to wideband gauge

Post by Hondata »

Nothing in the software has been changed that would affect the display of the AFR. I you would like I believe you can plug in a generic OBDII scanner and get the same AFR reading as FPM.
Hondata
xxshift

Post by xxshift »

Hondata wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:38 am Nothing in the software has been changed that would affect the display of the AFR. I you would like I believe you can plug in a generic OBDII scanner and get the same AFR reading as FPM.
I'm referring to the data of the AF Corrected field which is a recalculation done by Hondata Flashpro software using the original real data sourced from the actual AF posted by the actual stock sensor.

Yellow arrows in the image here are pointing to the real "AF" or "A/F" or "Stock Sensor" data retrieved directly from the stock sensor.

Red arrows in the image are pointing to the "AF Corrected" or "AF Corr" or "A/F Corrected" or "Corrected Stock Sensor" data that is recalculated after the data is retrieved from the stock sensor.

You can also see my Wideband in there but no arrows pointing to it.

For a long long time, I was getting very very good numbers from the AF Corrected values that were almost 100% identical to my Wideband AFR values. That is no longer the case even though I have done everything outside of Hondata Flashpro software that I can to re-align these numbers.

Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Ok, I understand. Still there have been no changes made in that area for the S2000 in the last 10 years.
Hondata
xxshift

Post by xxshift »

Thank you