EFICU help! 2014 Honda Civic Si Tune

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
BossDon29

EFICU help! 2014 Honda Civic Si Tune

Post by BossDon29 »

I'm using the Rev10 tune in the link below from EFICU. I'm getting a knock very rarely. I understand that some knock is normal. I just wanted to make sure I'm good with the tune. Can some one help?

Thanks in advance!

viewtopic.php?t=23228&start=45
EFICU

Re: EFICU help! 2014 Honda Civic Si Tune

Post by EFICU »

You would need to post a datalog showing the knock to see where it's happening. Then I would recommend a newer calibration, I do a lot of things different now from two years ago. But post a datalog so we can see where the knock is happening.
BossDon29

Post by BossDon29 »

You are super fast!

Thanks for your help.

Here are some logs of mixed driving. Stop and go traffic and pulls.
datalog0002.fpdl
(2.47 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
datalog0000.fpdl
(6.61 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

What mods do you have done to the car? I'd rather have you running on a newer calibration, I do things a lot different now.

All the knock is the normal sensitive areas for 9th gens, so it's no big deal to remove. But let me know what mods you have done and we will go from there.
BossDon29

Post by BossDon29 »

My car is stock.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Gotcha. Go ahead and upload this calibration, and take it for a drive. On the drive, we need the datalogs to be around twenty minutes in length with as much stop and go driving as possible. While on the drive, we need to make one wide open throttle (WOT) pull from 2500-7500 to work on the WOT fuel.

I sort of compared ignition showing knock in your old datalog to the new file, so we'll see how it looks. It will take a few revisions to remove it all and smooth out the fuel stuff. So take this one for a spin when you can and we'll see how it looks.
BossDon.Hybrid.Rev01 (Blended)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(22.73 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
BossDon29

Post by BossDon29 »

I did not see any knock counts on the app. I noticed things felt smoother and it felt strong on the pulls.

Here is the log.
datalog0003.fpdl
(2.98 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
Thanks!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks really good. No knock which is great, and all the fuel trims are dead on. I didn't seen any WOT pull in third gear from 2500-7500. I made some adjustments on a second gear pull, but the third gear pulls are what we need. Be sure to go full throttle on the WOT pull, your pedal was only going to about 60%. On those pulls, be sure to get it to the floor so we get the data we need.

Go ahead and take it for another drive with the attached file when you can and be sure to get at least one clean third gear pull in. That way I can adjust the WOT fuel as needed. But yeah, it looks killer for the first file.
BossDon.Hybrid.Rev02 (Blended)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(22.72 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
BossDon29

Post by BossDon29 »

Ha, I never have put the pedal down to the floor on my car. First time for everything. I baby the car.

Here's the next log.
datalog0004.fpdl
(2.86 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
Thank you.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sorry man, most guys who get tuned do. Haha. You don't have to do it again, it was really close, I made a few adjustments for the WOT fuel and you'll be fine. We had a couple knock in one area, so take it for a drive when you can, no more WOT pulls, just drive it like you did in the first datalog.

Do you want the rev limiter lowered to 7200 or something then since you never get on it? Let me know, then I'll change that in the next revision after this.
BossDon.Hybrid.Rev03 (Blended)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(22.93 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
BossDon29

Post by BossDon29 »

No worries, I'm fine with it. I don't give it WOT, but I do rev it out regularly when trying to pass people and things like that.

I think the WOT pulls from 4k are funner than 2.k.

We can leave the high rpms.

I'm not going to be able to test the new tune until next weekend.

While I have you here I'm getting ready to super charge this car. Would you be interested in tunning it?

I'm doing it all in stages.

First was Hondata and a short throw shifter. Completed.

2nd, Kotor mounts, down pipe, and exhaust.

3rd, clutch, fuel pump, rotors, and breaks pads.

Full tune up

4th kraftwerks supercharger and sparkplugs.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah the 2500-7500 pulls are just for tuning purposes. It's not something guys do on a normal basis, but it's similar to how it would be done on a dyno basically.

No problem, just keep me in the loop when you take it back out.

I wouldn't be able to help you tune it for boost. I don't have enough data to setup the injectors right and make sure your cold starts and all that are dialed. It would be best to find a reputable dyno tuner that can get you the most power and also make it drive nice. There are some tricks in the tune that need to be done to protect the KW supercharger in case you bang on the limiter too. So try to find a tuner with a lot of KW tuning experience so you get the best tune possible. I can help you up to the point of the SC going on though, the DP and all that is easy to tune for.
BossDon29

Post by BossDon29 »

Ok, thank you for all your help. I truly appreciate it. I see that you help a lot of people on here. What's your motivation to do that?

I should be ordering the exhaust this week. I will keep you posted.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

You're welcome. My motivation for helping has multiple angles I guess. The original focus was seeing guys not having the money to get the car tuned properly, so they would run a calibration that wasn't ideal for their car because they couldn't find someone to help them and couldn't afford any help. For me, that sort of defeats the purpose of doing all this stuff as the intended usage of Hondata is to allow us to have the parts we want and tune the ECU to make it safe and have fun with it. It's also a guilty pleasure because I enjoy it a lot. I used to be just like most of the guys on here, looking at a datalogs and wondering what we are looking at and how it all works. I know the somewhat helpless feeling I see a lot of guys having on here, so I thought I could help out. It's a pretty good feeling seeing guys absolutely panicking about their car one day, fast forward to a few days later and they're out having fun showing their friends how nice their cars drives. What's the point of having these cars if you have to worry about them and the tune, you should be out having fun with it. For me, it only takes few minutes to make a revision and send it to you guys. I guess too, I had my 8th gen tuned over a decade ago and I thought I was getting something really special from that tuner. Once I learned to tune, I realized that tune I got all those years ago was a one size fits all tune. That sort of jaded me into providing custom tunes to each car I tune as opposed to providing that one size fits all approach. Granted when guys like you are adding parts on a regular basis, then yeah I start you on a basefile and adjust it for now, but once the parts list is set I like to go in and do a complete custom tune when all the parts are on so it's tailored to that car.

Yeah once you get the exhaust we'll see how it looks. We'll have you run the same calibration and clean up anything that needs to be done. The DP is the biggest change you can make, the exhaust won't make too much of a difference in the tune. But whatever it does change, we can clean it up very easy.
BossDon29

Post by BossDon29 »

Hey EFICU,

I'm sure everyone in the community appreciates all your help. We need more people like you.

I uploaded the new tune and collected a few more logs. Had a few knocks, but everything felt solid and it was pulling really good on 2nd and 3rd.

datalog0005.fpdl
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 69 times
datalog0006.fpdl
(2.54 MiB) Downloaded 69 times