2013 Civic Si Basemap help

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
EFICU

Re: 2013 Civic Si Basemap help

Post by EFICU »

No problem, I remember the joy of finals. Haha. That datalog looks good.

Which injectors are you getting?
TokyoBadBoy

Post by TokyoBadBoy »

Luckily these are my last ones! Graduation in only 2 weeks! A lot of people have been recommending alphainjectionclinics' injectors, was gonna go with the 550cc ones since I don't really plan on going FI or flex fuel
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

If you don't plan to go boosted, I would recommend keeping it simple and going with OEM RDXs. Pretty simple install, and the tune needs very little adjustment. With 550s or bigger injectors, you run into cold start issues that I may not be able to help tuning it remotely. But we can give it a shot if you want to, we need to make sure you get injector data with the ones you mention so we can input that into the tune. But yeah, there really isn't a better injector than RDXs if you're keeping it NA. OEM quality and they function great. But it's totally up to you. Just please don't buy fake RDXs whatever you do.
TokyoBadBoy

Post by TokyoBadBoy »

hmm okay, I was looking at the rdx injectors but I'm only finding ones for $300+, do you have any recommended place to buy them? The 550cc ones I can get for 220
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

The RDXs will be that expensive because you're paying for the quality. Any set of injectors that are only $200 ish will most likely be low quality and difficult to tune for. But you can always give them a shot to see how they work out. The problem with fake RDXs is they aren't very consistent and generally don't flow the same. With lower quality injectors, that is a general rule of thumb that comes with the lower cost. Proper fuel delivery is one of those things I wouldn't skimp on, but I understand things are tight these days. That and you would never use all of the 550s keeping it NA, and the only way you would max RDXs NA is if you went E85 someday.
TokyoBadBoy

Post by TokyoBadBoy »

no no that makes a lot of sense. I'll end up getting the RDX injectors soon for sure! Don't mind spending another $80 for some good stuff, seems like there's a lot of fakes on ebay for like $100 but ima stay away from them
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. Yeah don't buy them from anywhere other than something like Hybrid Racing, PRL, Heeltoe, places like that. Stick with a shop you know and trust, not Amazon or eBay. It's a shame how they are allowed to advertise them as OEM on those ads, so don't be fooled. Here is a little more info on fake RDXs to help show the issues https://iconicauto-design.com/blogs/new ... -injectors.

Just keep me in the loop whenever you get them, I will send you a file with the RDX injector and then we'll make a datalog to see how it looks. It might take a revision or two to get it all dialed again, but you won't have any issues or anything major which is nice.
TokyoBadBoy

Post by TokyoBadBoy »

Just ordered them, should be here sometime this week and I'll throw them in 8). Debating on throwing stock intake back on while I'm in there too since I've had some experience with heat soak.
TokyoBadBoy

Post by TokyoBadBoy »

The injectors have arrived! Seems like a really easy install so I'll throw them on once it's done raining this entire weekend HAHA
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay sounds good. Here is the calibration for RDXs. If you decide to go back to the stock intake let me know. You will have heat soak issues with the stock intake too. So you wouldn't really be gaining anything by going back, at least as far as temps. Totally up to you though.
TokyoBadBoy.SD.Rev17 (Blended)(Vtec4300)(RDX).fpcal
(24.73 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
TokyoBadBoy

Post by TokyoBadBoy »

Hey! Injectors are in and the car is running nice. Here's the datalog, Thanks! Also kept the short ram on btw
Attachments
datalog0000rev17-RDX INJ.fpdl
(5.69 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. Yeah we missed it a little on the rich side. No big deal, I made some fuel changes to clean it up. Take this one for a spin when you can.
TokyoBadBoy

Post by TokyoBadBoy »

Here's another datalog fresh out the oven 8)
Attachments
datalog0000rev18 RDX.fpdl
(4.76 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks pretty good. The WOT fuel came in nicely, still a little rich in part throttle, so I made some adjustments there. We'll see how this one looks.
TokyoBadBoy.SD.Rev19 (Blended)(Vtec4300)(RDX).fpcal
(24.94 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
ilymisfit

Post by ilymisfit »

hey eficu im new to tuning my 2013 si and you seem very friendly and knowledgeable was hoping if i could get some pointers or help. thanks