In need for a stock k24a2 base map for a 08 8th gen civic si

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Sir_Dartillian

In need for a stock k24a2 base map for a 08 8th gen civic si

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

I have a 2008 Civic Si with a bone stock k24a2 engine swap (previous owner blew up the original motor) with a Short Ram Intake that points towards the firewall. I daily drive the car and have a default Hondata flash for SRI. Any help for a properly tuned map for a stock k24a2 with an SRI would be much appreciated.
EFICU

Re: In need for a stock k24a2 base map for a 08 8th gen civic si

Post by EFICU »

I can help you with it if you'd like. You'll need to be careful with the reflash you have in there now, most likely it's demanding too much cam angle since the K24 only has a 25* VTC wheel. So chances are the fueling is far off, not to mention the rev limiter is way too high for a K24.

Is the engine bone stock itself, stock VTC wheel and everything?

You're running the 8th gen intake manifold and injectors?
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

The previous owner blew up the k20z3 block and swapped it with a k24a2. I bought the car already swapped. Its a bonestock K24a2, with a k20 intake manifold and exhaust system. I bought a flashpro for the car, idk how the guy got the car running without a flashpro. I put on a 3" SRI and put on the flashpro tune with the SRI. I daily drive the car so I wanted something reliable but I can also step on without major repercussions. I'm new to the Hondata scene so I'm not too sure what to do.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay gotcha. Yeah you can run the stock tune for an 8th gen, just it's not ideal is all in it's stock form or what I would call safe. Chances are the fuel trims are way off and hopefully he never over revved it. Have you done any datalogging with the FlashPro?

So to tune it right, we would need to go in and tune all cam angles one by one so we can get some data. We're looking at roughly 10-15 revisions to get it dialed. That way we can go in and tune all tables in the calibration and then build a final product from that.

Let me know if that works, then I can get you on the first file.
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Thank you so much and yes actually today I recorded a datalog but I'm not sure how I should drive while logging. I just drove normally, I took my brother to work and back. I drove on the highway with medium traffic and had a couple of small pulls here and there just for reference. Also I eliminated the rev hang already from the calibrations menu, not sure if that helps any.
Attachments
First Ever Datalog.fpdl
(647.03 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it's not terrible by any means. There is some knock occurring on your WOT pulls, which is easy to get rid of, by my experience there is a little too much timing in those areas of knock. Are you running 91 or 93 octane?.

It's also commanding more cam angle than the stock K24a2 can do physically, but that's not the end of the world either since your VTC wheel limits the rotation.

I would say if you're ready to tune, I can start you on my stuff and we can work through the cam angles to get you the best tune we can. If you want to keep using the Hondata file you're on, we can try to clean it up, but it might take more work is all to get all the settings right. As I mentioned before, it's probably going to take 10-15 revisions to get it dialed using my stuff to start. If you don't have that much time to datalog, I can try to get you through it a little quicker.

Let me know what you think.
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

I'm running 93 octane. I don't mind how long it takes as long as I can get a clean, daily streetable tune. If you can send me your tune ill load it up and try to get a datalog in the next day or so.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. All the tuning stuff is focused on safety, I don't do anything to run stuff on the edge.

Here is the first calibration for you. For the datalogs, shoot for 20 minutes in length with as much stop and go type driving as possible. On the drive, make one WOT pull in third gear from 2500-7500 so we can work on WOT fueling. This first calibration is the 0* cam angle, with vtec at 4500. The 0* cam angle is the least powerful, but it provides us a nice base moving forward. So don't get discouraged when it doesn't feel strong. As we move up in cam angle it will get better.
Sir_Dartillian.SD.Rev01 (0Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(20.95 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Holy shit this tune feels way better already. Here's the datalog for your tune
Attachments
Revise Tune Datalog #1.fpdl
(249 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

That's good to hear. I am going to have you do one more on the 0* cam just to get things closer before we move on. You can take this one for a shorter datalog, say ten minutes or so. Just be sure to get another clean third gear pull from 2500-7500.
Sir_Dartillian.SD.Rev02 (0Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.56 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

It feels great. This tune feels smooth as well.
Attachments
Revise Tune #2 Datalog.fpdl
(181.4 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay good. Go ahead and run that file for right now. I think we might have a primary o2 sensor issue. I am working with another guy on here with a similar issue to you and he just replaced his sensor. I am looking over his stuff right now to confirm the sensor issue or not. The calibration you're driving on is fine to drive on, just don't get too aggressive with the driving as far as WOT pulls while we verify everything.

How many miles are on your car itself?
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Alright cool thank you, I'm not going to beat on the car like that I'm gonna daily drive it. Thank you for the help and support. I'll keep posted on the next steps. If you recommend new O2 sensors then I'll change them ASAP and we can get right back to it. The body has 152k miles and I was told the motor has about 45k-50k miles.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay, thank you for being understanding. I want to make sure everything is working right and not just keep adding fuel if the sensor isn't working right. Now that I have data from before and after the sensor on his, I am seeing differences in the readings and yours look like his did with what I think was a bad sensor. Once I know for sure, hopefully tonight, I will get back with you. But either way, the file you're on is plenty safe for normal driving, just the WOT fuel I am thinking is on the right side but the sensor is reading a little bit lean.

Gotcha, yeah it might be a good idea to do a new sensor anyways, but let me get some things verified with him and then I will get back to you. I hate having you guys spend money on something you don't need, whether it's good maintenance or not.
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Ill add the sensors to my cart, just let me know what I gotta do to get her running right. Thank you so much brother, keep in touch.