In need for a stock k24a2 base map for a 08 8th gen civic si

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Sir_Dartillian

Re: In need for a stock k24a2 base map for a 08 8th gen civic si

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Seems like she's pulling strong.
Attachments
Revise Tune #9 Datalog.fpdl
(677.88 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay, it all looks good. I've got everything blended out now so this will be a glimpse at the final product. Vtec rpm has a pretty wide range, I set it at 4500 to start, see what you think with it there and we can always go a few rpm lower or higher. We'll see how it looks in this one.

For datalogs, we want to go back to 20 minutes in length again, and be sure to get at least one clean WOT pull in third. Feel free to have some more fun with it though in this next one if you want, it's plenty safe to have some fun with. It will take a couple revisions to smooth everything out, but see how it feels.
Sir_Dartillian.SD.Rev10 (Blended)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(22.64 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

God damn... This tune feels freaking great. I stopped by a deli to get something to drink so I had to stop the datalog but I started a second one and did some decent time. I hope this is good enough for a good reading.
Attachments
Revise Tune #10.5 Datalog.fpdl
(3.35 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
Revise Tune #10 Datalog.fpdl
(2.32 MiB) Downloaded 70 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Overall it looks great. I made a couple fuel changes to tighten things up a bit. Did you like vtec at 4500? It looks good in the data, but we can try one at 4100 if you want to try it lower. You're probably familiar with i-Vtec, but if we set it at 4100, you can drive through that rpm at part throttle and vtec won't engage. So don't think that with it set at 4100 you have to shift before that at part throttle to avoid engaging vtec.

Here is the next one. Take it for a spin when you can, and let me know if you want to try one with vtec at 4100 after this.
Sir_Dartillian.SD.Rev11 (Blended)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(22.63 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Damn bro every tune is feeling better and better. Yeah, I think I want the VTEC at 4100, let's just test it out and see how I feel about it. I just barely got time to get this datalog, and I gotta school soon. However, I will be done around 5-6 hours from now.
Attachments
Revise Tune #11 Datalog.fpdl
(4.53 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good, I'm just making minor tweaks to get it all tightened up, splitting hairs essentially. Take this one for a spin later after school. I lowered vtec down to 4100 and made the necessary changes for that. See what think with it at 4100, and drive past 4100 at part throttle just to see how it only engages at WOT essentially. I don't want you to think you have to shift before 4100 all the time, so play with that some to get used to it. Be sure to get a clean third gear WOT pull in it, I'm essentially just tweaking that at this point, the part throttle is great.
Sir_Dartillian.SD.Rev11 (Blended)(Vtec4100).fpcal
(22.66 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Wow, I can really feel the difference with VTEC kicking in a little earlier. I like how it's there when I'm on the throttle and when I'm not it's not as potent. I think I like the VTEC coming in at 4100.
Attachments
Revise Tune #11.1 Datalog.fpdl
(4.37 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks good. I made some slight cam angle changes to get things a little closer. I will leave vtec at 4100 for you. Take this one for a drive when you can and we will see how it looks. We might be there on this one, but we'll see.
Sir_Dartillian.SD.Rev12.1 (Blended)(Vtec4100).fpcal
(22.36 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Sorry I got a little happy with the tune haha. I went on for almost 30 minutes. But the more data the better no? BTW is there a way to check how much horsepower I'm outputting even if it's a ballpark estimate? Please and thank you so much.
Attachments
Revise Tune #12.1 Datalog.fpdl
(5.85 MiB) Downloaded 69 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No problem, haha. Sometimes longer datalogs are too big in file size to post, but it worked.

It's looking great, we are just about there. The changes I made to the cam angles and all that seems to have worked really well. I made a couple fuel changes to tighten things up once more, this should do the trick.

I have the Virtual Dyno software, but you have to try to find the flattest and smoothest road you can find for it to work. Any bumps in the road, uphill or downhill, anything like that throws off the software and gives a wild reading. So if you can, or can find a road that is supper smooth, you can make a few third gear pulls in one datalog and I can try to clip one to get a good reading. I tried our past datalogs, and it's all over the place. So see what you can find.

Here is the next one. Take it for a spin when you can.
Sir_Dartillian.SD.Rev13 (Blended)(Vtec4100).fpcal
(22.44 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Hey man, last night was pretty sad. As I was driving I notice my temperature start rising and immediately I pulled over and shut the car off. As soon as I stopped the hood started smoking a lot, but the engine was running great. When I popped the hood I saw a rubber hose that was behind the top of the engine (I'm not sure what the part is) popped out and was just dangling. I looked under the car and saw antifreeze leaking and right then and there I knew the hose blew out and I had to tow it home. Sorry for the inconvenience but I need to work out this antifreeze issue hopefully by this week. Thank you for your patience.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that. No problem, take your time getting it back together and just keep me in the loop.
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Hey bro, great news. I found and fixed my leak and now she's running well. I forgot I made a datalog from before IT happened so I'm going to send that now. Once again thank you so much for your patience.
Attachments
Revise Tune #13 Datalog.fpdl
(4.15 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Great news! Yeah we pretty much nailed it on that one, part throttle stuff looks great, and the WOT was essentially dead on, and no knock.

I put together that same calibration but with a different pedal map. Meaning it tightens up the relationship between the throttle pedal and the throttle body. Take this one for a spin and see what you think. Feel free to be honest, we can run the pedal map you're been driving on or this sport pedal.

One more thing I've been meaning to mention a few times. if you plan to add a header and exhaust down the road, you are going to need upgraded injectors. The RDX injectors would be the best bet for you, but there are options out there.

Here is the next one. Take it for a spin and we'll see how it looks, and let me know how you feel on the pedal map. Everything is the same, only the pedal map has been changed.
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Bro honestly the pedals feel super responsive and great. Is everything looking good as far as tuning goes? It is my daily and I don't want to sacrifice good mpg for more power.
Attachments
Revise Tune #13 Sport Datalog.fpdl
(4.04 MiB) Downloaded 74 times