Xtreme di hpfp support

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2008+ Accord, Americas and international
Checkmateautoart

Xtreme di hpfp support

Post by Checkmateautoart »

As you may know 10th gen accord 2.0’s are bottle necked at the fuel system. I am currently maxed out as well as about 40 others that I know of. Our community put the pressure on XDI and they developed the pump, now we have been waiting on support from the tune equipment companies. Do you have an ETA on when you will be able to support this? Do you need R&D or any help from the community to help this along?
EdwardApollo

Re: Xtreme di hpfp support

Post by EdwardApollo »

I've heard that this requires an ECU hack which civics have but 10th gen Accord does not.

Any news or attempts on something like this?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Initially about a hundred hours of programmer time to determine what it will involve, probably using the Civic because that is quicker and easier to work with than the Accord. Then the next step would depend on the outcome of the first step.
Hondata
Checkmateautoart

Post by Checkmateautoart »

Is this something the company is already working on or planning on working on?
EdwardApollo

Post by EdwardApollo »

I'd be absolutely interested in getting this developed. At the moment the only thing we can do is increase the flow restricting oriface within the fuel line, which does work but is crude.

With these vehicles, the engineers at Honda know what they were doing, so less is more in my opinion.

Additionally, as someone who has been working over a year and a half creating a power steering firmware hack, it is extremely tough to estimate the time + difficulty that come with doing these hacks, so I completely understand why there would potentially be hesitancy.

If it is simply a lack of monetary motivation, I'm sure there are many who would be willing to chip in, maybe even via a pre-order type deal. There is certainly a market for it, that's for sure
EdwardApollo

Post by EdwardApollo »

Hondata wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:07 pm Initially about a hundred hours of programmer time to determine what it will involve, probably using the Civic because that is quicker and easier to work with than the Accord. Then the next step would depend on the outcome of the first step.
Any chance this is or will ever be in the works for Accord? This seems to be one of the very last bottlenecks for the platform
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It is not possible to tell if it is possible without performing the initial evaluation.
Hondata