2014 FB6 Stock - Basemap from Hondata good enough?

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Techi

2014 FB6 Stock - Basemap from Hondata good enough?

Post by Techi »

Hello there,

I was wondering as my Civic Si is still bone stock, I currentl have Takeda AFE Intake ready to install,

And in the near future looking to add DP, Exhaust and Coilovers.

I was wondering if it's worth it to use my Hondata in the meantime or should I wait for all my parts to be installed?

Would it be ok if I run the hondata preset maps in the meantime while I wait for all my parts to be installed?

I was thinking on installed the CAI this weekend,

Thanks!
EFICU

Re: 2014 FB6 Stock - Basemap from Hondata good enough?

Post by EFICU »

It is definitely worth running the Flashpro while you work on your performance package. Even in stock form, there is some performance to be gained via the Flashpro and proper tuning. If you are planning on installing the intake this weekend, it would be a good idea to run a calibration designed for your car and the intake to make sure it's safe. Some intakes like to run speed density off the MAP sensor, and other like to be run on the MAF sensor. I don't remember off the top of my head which one the Takeda intake liked to run on, but I can check if you want. But either way, even if you're stock there is some to be gained, with the intake it's highly recommended to upload a calibration designed for it and have it tuned for safety.

If you want some help tuning it just let me know.
Techi

Post by Techi »

Hi Eficu,

I'd love some help, let me know how to start,

Anything to do before installing the Intake (For a before after comparison) or should I go ahead,

Let me know,

Thank you!!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It's up to you, if you want, I can start you on a file to have fun with until you get the intake installed. Or, we can wait until you get the intake on and then get you on a file. It would only take one revision or two to get it good in stock form while you wait to get the intake on.

If you want to do any before and after comparisons, I have the Virtual Dyno software that can show comparisons. Granted it's not always 100% accurate, but it can be close. You would want to try to find a smooth and flat road to do the testing, and you would want to make 2-3 third gear pulls on that stretch of road. Then we can run them through the software to see how they look.

How soon are you planning on getting a DP and exhaust?
Techi

Post by Techi »

Hey, Thanks Again,

I was planning on doing the install tomorrow or Friday(No rush, I have time) If there's pros I would love to start from stock but if it's the same from your perspective let me know,

Would it be benefitial for you if we start stock, do the file and then put on the intake? I don't want to waste your time!,

For DP and exhaust probably around march,

Let me know if you have any questions,
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay sounds good. If you're planning on throwing it on tomorrow then we can probably just hold off then and I will put a file together for the intake to get it running right.

Since you're planning on adding parts in March, we can probably tune it the quicker way to save you the time of having to make so many datalogs. If you have time to make datalogs, we can do it the proper route by tuning each cam angle one by one, then blending out the cam angle map based on the data. That generally takes 10-12 revisions, the shorter way we can probably be done in 4-6. The datalogs need to be 20-30 minutes, so it's sort of time consuming on your end which is why I say that. So it's up to you, we can tune it the long route if you want, then we would need to sort of redo it when you add the DP and exhaust. The DP will be the biggest change to the tune as it allows for more cam angle and stuff. It's all the same on my end, it's you guys who have the burden of time with making datalogs. So let me know, the short way or the long way, then I can put together a basemap for you.
Techi

Post by Techi »

Let's do the long one,

I will Install the intake tomorrow and let me know where to start,

Thank you!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. I will get the basemap together tonight and post it up. And I'll give you some more instructions on what we need in the datalogs.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay, I've got it together for you. For the datalogs, we need them to be 20-30 minutes in length with as much stop and go city type driving as possible. While on the drive, we need one wide open throttle (WOT) pull from 2500-7500 rpms. For this first one, keep the driving nice and calm with only one WOT pull so we can get some data before you have too much fun with it. This first one will be on the 0* cam angle, so it will be a bit sluggish, however the 0* cam gives us a nice base to start with so we can move up in cam angle. Vtec will be at 4500 in this first one, I will move it around to get data as we go, but I'll always let you know where it's at and it will be noted in the title of the calibration.

So take this one for a spin once you get the intake on tomorrow. It's setup for speed density tuning as the position of the MAF sensor on the Takeda is al little different from OEM, so that should give us the best result.
Techi.SD.Rev01 (0Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(20.92 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Techi

Post by Techi »

Thank you Eficu,

We had lots of snow today and roads are really bad, so it might take some time for me to get back to you,

Will be installing today and keep you updated once I have the first backlog,

Thanks again,
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No problem, just keep me in the loop. We'll work on it when mother nature allows.
Techi

Post by Techi »

Talk to you soon!,

Installed the calibration, did a mini drive in the underground parking and car felt nice, responds faster, can't wait to test this out,

Thanks EFICU
Attachments
índice.jpg
índice.jpg (446.72 KiB) Viewed 938 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good, great to hear it was smooth. Just keep me in the loop on when you're able to take it out.

That's one of the cleanest engine bays I've seen in a long time, haha. Sheesh. The intake looks nice.
Techi

Post by Techi »

Hey EFICU,

So I just did a couple drives around 25-30 min each,

on the 2nd drive I shut down the car before pressing Datalog

Happy new year!
Attachments
FirstDrive.fpdl
(5.02 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
2ndDrive(CarShutdown before pre.fpdl
(5.72 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It looks pretty good for a start. A little on the rich side for fuel trims, but that's okay, still a good start. I don't see any wide open throttle pulls in third gear from 2500-7500 so I can't do anything on the WOT fueling. On these drives, we need to include one wide open throttle (WOT) pull in third gear from 2500-7500rpms to work on the WOT fueling.

Take this one for another drive when you can. I cleaned up some of the part throttle fueling based on the datalog. Shoot for the 20-30 minutes in length, with the one WOT pull in third gear.
Techi.SD.Rev02 (0Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.1 KiB) Downloaded 63 times