Onboard Datalog Not Working Flashpro

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
OBSav

Onboard Datalog Not Working Flashpro

Post by OBSav »

I received my first revision from my tuner and now I need to record data logs but I can’t. I plug the flash pro into the OBD, start the vehicle and hit the datalog button but nothing happens. From my understanding the datalog light should be off, then when I press the button it should blink on and off in 1 second intervals. However, the light is already blinking once plugged into the obd, it also never stops blinking until I remove it from the vehicle. I have sent Hondata an email.
mbrishke

Re: Onboard Datalog Not Working Flashpro

Post by mbrishke »

mine usually blinks occasionally for short durations when I'm not logging. I'm assuming you've plugged it into your laptop to see if it's actually recorded anything? Also, will it record directly to your laptop if you put it in the car?
OBSav

Post by OBSav »

mbrishke wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:11 pm mine usually blinks occasionally for short durations when I'm not logging. I'm assuming you've plugged it into your laptop to see if it's actually recorded anything? Also, will it record directly to your laptop if you put it in the car?
Correct, I plug it in to see if anything saved/recorded. It will record directly when it is plugged into the laptop. The only reason I am trying to avoid that method is per my tuner, the resolution is not as good compared to the direct logging.
sloth4urluv

Post by sloth4urluv »

Not saying that this is 100% your issue, but I had a similar issue on my flashpro for my S2000 and it was the flex board that the buttons are on. (There was a broken trace)
OBSav

Post by OBSav »

sloth4urluv wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:12 am Not saying that this is 100% your issue, but I had a similar issue on my flashpro for my S2000 and it was the flex board that the buttons are on. (There was a broken trace)
Something Hondata helped under warranty? Or did you have to purchase a whole new one.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the serial number that is on the FlashPro?