9th gen Honda civic SI

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
deelanminivan

9th gen Honda civic SI

Post by deelanminivan »

Hi hondata community,

I have a 9th gen Civic Si with these mods: RBC intake, Skunk 2 header, custom exhaust, and cai. I'm currently running rich can someone please help?
EFICU

Re: 9th gen Honda civic SI

Post by EFICU »

Which calibration are you running? With the RBC, you have to make sure you're running an RBC calibration. The OEM intake and RBC require very different fuel tables.
deelanminivan

Post by deelanminivan »

Yeah I picked think tune that has the rbc intake. But I'm running rich WOH and when I plug and obd2 it says I'm running rich.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay, can you double check and post the calibration so we can see which one you're running?

Do you have any datalogs you can post. We would need to see some datalogs and the calibration to help you.
deelanminivan

Post by deelanminivan »

Gonna have to do the data logging tomorrow. But how do you want me to do the test runs? Like WOT? What rpms to be at?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Don’t do any WOT pulls as that isn’t our main concern. Just a 10 minute datalog to get some data is fine. And also post your calibration when you can, that would tell us a lot right away. If you post that I can look it over to see what you’re working with.

And what year is your car?
deelanminivan

Post by deelanminivan »

It's a 2015
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I have a file from another customer for a 2015 that had an RBC if you want to start on that to see how it looks. It would fix the rich condition, granted you don't have a mechanical issue causing the richness.
deelanminivan

Post by deelanminivan »

Here's the calibration
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deelanminivan

Post by deelanminivan »

Could you send that file? So I can do a datalog with that as well?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

When you say it's running rich, you don't have a code saying so, you just feel it's running rich based on what you see? Or you actually have a code for running rich in the system?
deelanminivan

Post by deelanminivan »

It says the system is running rich on the OBD2 like p0172.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Interesting. Go ahead and make a datalog tomorrow with your current calibration then so we can look at it. The file I have has more fuel in the tables than yours, so it would most likely be more rich. Make a quick datalog of say 10 minutes or so, or a drive to work or whatever and then post it up. Seems a little weird that it would be rich enough to throw a code, but you never know. We'll see once you post the datalog.

Which CAI do you have?
deelanminivan

Post by deelanminivan »

Here's the datalog.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it's pretty much maxed out on fuel trims. Take this one for a short drive and let's see how it looks. I basically just pulled a bunch of fuel at where it wants it removed to try to get us in the ballpark. But I can definitely see why it threw a code. Don't do any WOT pulls yet, just keep it to normal driving until we get closer on the part throttle fueling.
DM.SD.Rev01.fpcal