newbie advice please

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
Colesy

newbie advice please

Post by Colesy »

Hello peeps,
I'm Colesy and have just managed to get myself a type r championship white edition which I have to say I love..don't ask the wife
I got a Hondadta box with it
I have seen in the paper work that it has been tuned already, it does smell a little rich at idle, it has a full system with sports car fitted and a panel filter.
Other than that I'm not sure what's been done. Less than a week with it yet.
Should I leave it alone or reset to stock and start a fresh. I appreciate I may not need to do this. There is nothing stored on the ECU and it appears it was unlocked when I plugged it back in. I have registered and I will be honest have no idea what to do as yet.
Any advice greatly ap
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: newbie advice please

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend discussing this with a local tuner or the person that tuned it originally. If it was unlocked, then it is probably stock and will need to be properly tuned.
Colesy

Post by Colesy »

I thought that would be the answer I will have to trawl the paperwork and see if anything is there. All I remember seeing was receipts for goods.
Thank you
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

Cold start would be rich anyway, you can set up the flashpro and check air fuel with rev counter.
Colesy

Post by Colesy »

Thank you for the feedback I need to start learning how to use it. I did coding on a VW and got my head round it ok but I appreciate this is more complex and can have drastic consequences if done wrong. Will have a look and see what I can see and let you know.
Many thanks