2019 Accord Sport 2.0t Manual

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
ManualDevotee

2019 Accord Sport 2.0t Manual

Post by ManualDevotee »

Hi, first time Honda driver here.

I've just leased a 2019 Accord Sport 2.0t manual, and I'd like to access the native remote start feature built into all 10th gen Accords.

The problem is my local dealer won't perform the mod due to liability concerns. I've read on other forums that owners of this car have had the feature successfully unlocked for manual transmissions. Apparently the process involves some tweak that prevents the remote start function from engaging if the car is left in gear.

My question is can I access this level of customization with the Hondata product?

If not, does anyone have any other suggestions for what to do?

To help you understand my need for this feature, I live in North Florida where it gets ungodly hot and humid during the summers, and the thought of getting into a car that's been sitting in the sun, without the benefit of remote start cooling it off first, literally makes me sweat just thinking about it. I do plan to tint the windows and sun roof with UV and heat blocking M3 ceramic tint, but adding remote start to that arrangement would be highly desirable.

Many thanks in advance to all who take the time to respond.
ManualDevotee

Re: 2019 Accord Sport 2.0t Manual

Post by ManualDevotee »

I meant 3M tint, not M3.
ManualDevotee

Post by ManualDevotee »

Ok, since this post doesn't seem to be gaining any traction, I'm going to update it a bit in hopes the additional information assists others in the future who are researching the same issue.

My research indicates the 10th gen Accord has a "neutral position sensor" that can be utilized to prevent the car from starting if it's not in neutral.

Activating this sensor in connection with the remote start procedure should then allow a stock Honda key fob with remote start function (available from multiple OEM resellers) to activate the remote start function on a manual transmission.

I've read elsewhere that it has been done, stock, on current generation manual Accords, but no one in my immediate area will do it (so far). Also, you would need to have the key fob programmed to the car, but finding someone to do that should be the easy part.
chickenplusone

Post by chickenplusone »

It's been done on current-generation manual Accords, but you can definitely look for a professional who knows this stuff well.
Tower Defense