ERROR MESSAGES IN CAR AFTER FLASHING

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
lingpan

Re: ERROR MESSAGES IN CAR AFTER FLASHING

Post by lingpan »

Spunkster wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:54 am Yes the calibration should now work. The problem was caused by the updates that Honda has issued. We have included these updates, but if you use them without first getting the updates from the Honda dealer your transmission controller will not be updated and must be updated by the Honda dealer. This is completely out of our control and is part of a service bulletin issued by Honda.
I am also suffering the same issue as OP but from Canada (the Canada 2016 Civic section is gone and it was defaulted to 2017, is there a reason??) My 2016 Civic 1.5T CVT won't flash back to stock or old calibration (before beta), I can't use older versions of Hondata Manager as FW was updated on the programmer and it forces me back to beta. It is the same error code.

I made the appointment to get the update from dealer (N66) but it won't be until mid April before they can get me in.

@Spunkster Is there any way to resolve this issue without taking it to the dealer? Like revert the FW on the programmer prior to beta so I can at least put the old calibration back using an older/stable manager and the car isn't stuck in limp/safe mode for the duration of a month before dealer can update? If I had known about this issue I wouldn't have updated my programmer to beta.
KingDeeDeede wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:02 pm @spunkster. I went to the dealership and they updated my TCM and ECU to the most updated one but given that i had issues when uploading the calibrations, they had to update it OVER the error-ridden calibration i uploaded. The car now is stock from the dealership, If i upload with the current calibration again (the same 2017 civic 1.5T calibration that screwed me over the first place) will it work this time?

**P.S the dealership also charged me $150 to do an audit on the errors......... so yeah.
@KingDeeDeede Did you ever flash again? If so, did it work without issue or did it throw errors and start problems again?
jpro1

Post by jpro1 »

Spunkster wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:54 am Yes the calibration should now work. The problem was caused by the updates that Honda has issued. We have included these updates, but if you use them without first getting the updates from the Honda dealer your transmission controller will not be updated and must be updated by the Honda dealer. This is completely out of our control and is part of a service bulletin issued by Honda.
Spunkster, Are you saying that in order for the newest flashpro software to work on my car (2016 U.S. 1.5T CVT Civic) I must get the dealership to update computer software for oil dilution issue before flashpro software will work?

I live in one of the northern states that has been identified in the service bulletin, but I’ve been hesitant to take my car to the dealer for this computer update since I’ve not been contacted by Honda.

So, first question is will newest Hondata Flash to ECU work if car has not received oil dilution update? Second question is: Should I Contact Honda dealership to see if they are providing software fix for no charge? Thanks in advance for your help.
lingpan

Post by lingpan »

After a long explanation with the dealer and them going back and fourth with Honda Canada.. finally had them move forward with the Oil Dilution update but only after signing a form stating that they don’t take responsibility if the PCM fries during this update due to the amount of DTCs already thrown.

According to them the PCM is in lockout mode and that the only way to fix it is to try to go forward with the update but it may fry the PCM.

UPDATE: The tech had brought me into the shop to show me what they use.. Usually for the N66 update, the tablet has an option that says update PG MFI first but is not showing up. And the PG MFI is part of the N66 update. Currently only the TCM and ABS update show up. Due to PG MFI not showing up as an option the tech has advised me he believes it will fry the PCM if I go forward to TCM without the PGMFI. I figured I would ask Hondata Support to advise before the dealer is to try the TCM update without PGMFI and ultimately worst case if it fails ill need a new PCM.

I tried to set the car back to stock ECU (However it said revert to 2017 1.5T Canada Civic stock. I think this might be the issue when my car is 2016? No errors when ran and asked me to turn off ignition).

I have error codes U0038, U0100 & U0302 (this one came after attempting to revert to stock using online menu, the fix for this code says to get a new PCM..)

When we try to delete the DTCs it says to turn the car off to delete when it is already off..

Should I be trying the TCM update without the PGMFI update even though the tech strongly recommended against it as it my fry the PCM?

@Spunkster Can you please help me get my tune back onto my car prior to beta? it was working completely fine on 3.0.6 but when I try to use an older version of flashpro manager to flash back it says to update to a newer as this flashpro has been used on newer editions but the newer edition (3.2.6) won't let me flash my car properly or revert back to stock to even unlock the car from flashpro.. all that needs to happen is a tune using the older 3.0.6 needs to go back onto the car. Can we please downgrade the programmer to allow this so I can fix my car without buying a new PCM?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Discussed over the phone.
lingpan

Post by lingpan »

Update for anyone wondering: Went ahead with the TCM update only. No PGM-FI update. After TCM update was successful all codes disappeared and car is out of limp w/ stock tune. Flashed again with Hondata (3.2.6 under 1.5T Canada 2017 CVT|even though my car is 2016) and it works again. If your dealer tries to tell you need a new PCM they are trying to pull a fast one. There is no risk. In total this costed me $150 for diagnostics at Dealer.
007xSx rr

Post by 007xSx rr »

Hello!

I am trying to find someone who can help me.

I am having a similar issue at the moment.
I don't know if any of you guys still read this thread or not, as I can't seem to get any response unfortunately. But I. Giving it a shot anyway.

I am getting error message saying I can not upload any calibrations to a 'civic 1.5t canada 2017 sport cvt flashpro.

It is a 2016+ 1.5t flashpro originally, so I don't understand why I'm getting this error code.

My car is a 2018 civic sport 1.5t cvt made in UK July 2018. I have the flashpro locked to my vin, all my stuff is filled out. But nothing is uploading to my ecu, and when I try to reflash to stock, I get a confirmation request asking if I am sure I wish to return it to stock 2017 civic cvt 1.5t. But this is not what it was before..
It was originally a 2016+ 1.5T and it was connected to a friend 2017 si...

He reset it, returned to stock, sold to me. And I bought a new car now about a year later, and I am trying to use this thing for first time in a long time, and i don't know if it's the update or how or what to do from here, but I have an internet connection, being used on my windows laptop, using latest version 3.9.4.0

Please someone tell me what I am doing wrong.. ?

How can I get this to work again on my new civic 2018 sport 1.5T CVT ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Pleas start your own thread and include the actual error message you are getting.