No codes displayed when CEL flashes

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
dowt

No codes displayed when CEL flashes

Post by dowt »

I'm getting a flashing CEL but no codes in smanager. The only one I've seen thus far was an engine overheat code. Prior to the overheat I was getting a TPS code I think (counting flashes) but nothing in smanager.. The vehicle is a 2000 civic EX with a p28/s300v3, ebay t3 turbo, grams 550 cc, 41psi FP. At this point I'm just trying to get the car running well enough to let the local tuner take over, well enough meaning I'm not giving the tuner extra work to do..
I'm very new to the program & the engine (I've had the car for about a month). I did search but my inquiries yielded nothing of much use; I don't know if I'm using the search function properly though..
My biggest concerns are whether or not hondata is actually working/ installed properly. The car ran fine for the short period that it was stock with tht p28/s300; It's got to be with my greenness as far as providing the correct information for the program.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
dowt

Re: No codes displayed when CEL flashes

Post by dowt »

I should add that the car refuses to run or even start with a hondata 4 bar MAP (I specified such in smanager), but it will run with a stock MAP even though it thinks it's recieving data from the 4 bar.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If it runs with the stock map sensor and will not run with the 4bar and that is the only change made to the calibration then there may be a leak with the o-ring on the map sensor.

What is the serial number that is on the s300 inside the ECU?

From Help, About, what is the version of software you are using?
dowt

Post by dowt »

The hondata serial # is 41147. The ecu is a p28(I'm unsure of where to look for a number on the ecu) & I'm running the most up to date version, 2.6.6.0
The o ring is in place. I purchased a base map for the setup and am still having a lot of issue. I took the car around the block once & coupd barely get it unto the driveway. It coughs & cutd out like it's real lean but the smoke & smell say pig rich. How can I read TPS voltage on smanager? I know of the closed & open percentage boxes; I need voltage.
A new question pretains to an Autometer wideband [bosch LSU4.2(I guess)] and wheather or not I can connect the signal+ up to the ecu or if I have to go out & get a hondata approved AEM brand wideband.
Ms3-pro keeps floating around in my head more & more.......

Thanks for the time & help!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Does it run without errors when using the stock map sensor?

Is this just a wideband sensor or does it have a controller that can output an analog signal?
dowt

Post by dowt »

This setup has a 14 or so inch hood pipe with a wideband mid way. The car does not illustrate any codes whilst running either. I have yet to connect it to the ecu though, I'm pretty sure I need a controller (no thanks). I bought a plx product yesterday; should get it Friday.