What tablet

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
nwr161282

What tablet

Post by nwr161282 »

Ok so in my race car I am running s300v1 I would like to connect this to a tablet to display info while I’m competing. Because I have a v1 I would like to connect via a usb cable.

What tablets are people using? I have tried a Microsoft surface but it runs RT and can not run smanager.

If I download the Hondata app can it work via a usb cable or does it need Bluetooth connection.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: What tablet

Post by Spunkster »

The Hondata mobile app only works via Bluetooth. USB will only work with SManager and something running a full version of Windows.
creizlein

Post by creizlein »

You can get any table that runs Windows 10 Pro, you have to ensure its the Pro version which is the only one that can run Win32 apps without problem. (I heard the Home might do, but honestly i havent tried, surely Windows 10 mobile will DO NOT run it)

One cheap example of those is the NuVision 8-inch tablet TM800P610L. its decent for the price and runs good, sManager works good as its the one i use. but there could be several others.

Hope it helps.
nwr161282

Post by nwr161282 »

Thank you for the reply’s I’ll start searching and see whit I can find.

Anyone else tell me what tablets they are running smanager on.
originaldroidster

Post by originaldroidster »

There are some 3rd party apps for android that can display info via usb otg cable. If all you're wanting to do is display sensor output that should work for you.