Tweaked base CVT tunes?

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
gtman

Tweaked base CVT tunes?

Post by gtman »

It seems like Hondata is regularly updating features and tweaking it's base tunes for the manual transmission cars but almost never tweaks the tunes for the CVT. The CVT tunes are pretty much unchanged from 2 years ago. Will Hondata ever revisit those base tunes to up performance or are CVT owners just going to be limited to the very mild base tunes? I understand a pro tuner can tweak the tunes but it would be nice to have an update here and there from Hondata. I get that the CVT is limited, but still I think the base tunes could be tweaked for some driveabilty improvements.
gtman

Re: Tweaked base CVT tunes?

Post by gtman »

I guess the no response means no plans for tweaking or updating the CVT tunes. Oh well at least there are other options out there that do offer updates and tweaks for their CVT tunes. Too bad Hondata looks at us CVT owners as second class citizens.
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

Hondata aims for reliability for the CVT. The basemap included is what they are comfortable with to have a longevity of the CVT. Like you said if you want to push it pass the Hondata limit of the basemap. You can either tune it yourself or get a tune/e-tune. The tables are in the calibration to push it way pass the factory limits.
gtman

Post by gtman »

Jun...

What I'm really talking about is drivability tweaks. Stuff like a toggle for improved throttle response. Toggles for a bit faster boost ramp and maybe earlier turbo spooling. The other tuner on the market offers that with it's CVT tunes. I'm surprised Hondata doesn't do something similar. Seems to me, Hondata is being overly basic with their offerings for the CVT. My CARB Flashpro would be better with some tweaks like this IMO. It kind of feels like I spent $500 and I'm getting zero updates.
gtman

Post by gtman »

BTW, I don't want it to seem like I don't love my FlashPro. I do. It's a great piece of software and my car runs much better than stock.

Hondata rocks.
liaoyuan12580

Post by liaoyuan12580 »

CVT gearbox is very fragile