Full Throttle Shift for dummies?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
creizlein

Full Throttle Shift for dummies?

Post by creizlein »

I have a couple questions about the Full Throttle shift functionality on the s300 that upon the fact that I never used it nor seen it working i cant figure out, please do excuse me if they are terrible dumb but the help is not clear neither.

Having a NA engine in mind, and forgetting about the benefit it provides to Turbos, what would be the benefit of using it in comparison to RevLimit by Gear that I already use in the s300? I mean, I don't understand why I would have a different setting for the Shift Limiter RPM Vs. the Rev Limit RPM (maybe I could set it -500rpm below limit?) and if so, does it act any different than the actual rev.limit rpm?

Also, when you wire a clutch switch to activate it, and clutch is pressed, its assumed the clutch is expected to be pressed ON the shift limit rpm or before it happens? For what i understand, you will press the clutch before shift limit rpm happens and then the engine will rev-up up to the shift limit rpm set? ( again, whats the benefit of that Vs. letting it go up to engine rev-limit? )

Hopefully someone with experience using it can have the patience to explain its use ;)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Full Throttle Shift for dummies?

Post by Spunkster »

Full throttle shift has nothing to do with the other Rev limit settings.

It only activates when a clutch switch activates it, and the activation depends on the type of clutch switch you use and where in the travel it is activated. The purpose of full throttle shif is to lower the RPM while shifting so that you can be ready for the next gear it is going into.
creizlein

Post by creizlein »

If i understand you correctly, then when it detects the input switch (lets say, clutch switch) it will then limit/lower the rpms to the Shift limiter RPM?

So how does it work when you left it as Always On?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It will not always work with always on as then you will never be able to rev past the limit you have set.
Kromium

Post by Kromium »

Hello, I don’t mean to hijack the thread lol, but i own an FN2 and i have flash pro but my model does not come with cruise control. I have managed to acquire a clutch switch. But have no access whatsoever to a wiring diagram to set it up

Do you have any idea of how i can wire it up? (Which pin to wire to etc)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Does your ECU have the circuitry to detect the clutch switch input? It is just a grounded input to the ECU.
Kromium

Post by Kromium »

No my vehicle came without the clutch switch( non GT FN2), i have done a bit of reading. Haven't found much information about it but in most cases i see where it has to be wired to the power steering pump?
Or AC?

But apparently there is no wiring diagram available for the FN2 and if there is its hard to acquire.

I myself wouldn’t wire it though but i need to have an idea so i can guide an electrician to do the set up
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It cannot use other inputs. It must use the clutch input on the ECU.
Kromium

Post by Kromium »

Okay, im not very experienced of fully mechanically minded so please bare with my questions. How would i identify wether or not there are inputs for the switch? And if there isn’t then i assume it cannot work correct?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You would have to wire a switch into that input on the ECU and see if it works.