Air temp correction

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
b20luda

Air temp correction

Post by b20luda »

is this preset? or does it have to be calibrated to my surrounding weather conditions.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It is preset, and should work ok without modifications.
Hondata
sohc_mshue

Post by sohc_mshue »

with the iat corrections is there a general rule of thumb for setting it up for larger injectors?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

IAT correction is independent of the injector size. Stick with the default settings.
Hondata
Razathorn

Post by Razathorn »

Hondata explained something that may be of use to you. This was on the k series ecu, but I imagine the principal is the same.

I went tuning on a very hot humid day. A few days later, when it was a little cooler, but a lot less humid. I was running a good 2-4 tenths of an a/f point. Hondata explained that the honda ecu doesn't correct for humidity, just temperature. So, I'm guessing, in muggy / really humid conditions, tune a bit richer since you will lean out a little when the humidity returns to normal levels.

I went from 13.2 to 13.6 or 7 in a few places so I obviously fixed it up in my N/A setup... then again, I have a factory wide band in the k series so it was fairly trivial to fix.

Take it or leave it.
sohc_mshue

Post by sohc_mshue »

Hondata wrote:IAT correction is independent of the injector size. Stick with the default settings.
i know technically if your maps are tuned correctly then injector size shouldn't matter, but it has been proven before that with larger injectors IAT correction is somewhat off. I'm guessing it has something to do with how the larger size injectors act differently than smaller injectors...just like how sometimes with really large injectors it is hard to get them to idle right unless they are running fairly rich afr's at idle.