High speed and low speed with a d16a6

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Killa-X

High speed and low speed with a d16a6

Post by Killa-X »

I've converted to obd1 on my d16a6, and I want to run a hondata s300, BUT is the low speed and high speed the same as off vtec and on vtec? I looked for this info in the s300 manager help part, but there wasn't a help part.

Also, if I don't have Vtec, then which map does it use, the low speed or high speed? Cuz the high speed only starts at 2,500 rpm Does it default to the low speed? Then how do I expand the rows so that the rpm goes higher??

Thanks in advance.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If you have a non VTEC engine then there is a setting to disable VTEC. The low speed table is then used. You can change the rpm index by right clicking on the rpm values in the tables.
Hondata
flip1199

Post by flip1199 »

so for non vtec we should only worry about tuning low speed ign/fuel tables? is there anyway to get more rpm rows?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I don't really thing you need more rows, but you could enable VTEC, set the VTEC point to, say, 5000 rpm, disable the VTP error, and then both the low and high speed tables would be used. Again, most of the tables should be linear and there's no need to have 200 rpm intervals.
Hondata
Killa-X

Post by Killa-X »

So in this scenario, when you set vtec at 5,000rpm when the car reached 5,000 rpm it would switch over from the low speed table to the high speed table right? Interesting.

I have a question, I read this post on honda-tech
"I know on Crome you suppose to leave the last "boost" column untouch, ie, if you have a 3 BAR map sensor, then last column can't read 1.5 Bar, it has to stay at 3BAR.
Is this true for Hondata S300 as well?"

This question was directed at changing the column values for the map sensor, to better suit the target boost area. I will only be boosting to 10 psi, so can I set the last column to say 15psi, and scale back from there to where vacuume is? Or as this guy was asking, do you have to leave it at the max of the map sensor?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

So in this scenario, when you set vtec at 5,000rpm when the car reached 5,000 rpm it would switch over from the low speed table to the high speed table right?
Yes. Exactly like a VTEC engine.
Is this true for Hondata S300 as well?"
No. Remember that there are columns to 60 psi, so it is unlikely you're going to need to change the last column anyhow.
Hondata
Killa-X

Post by Killa-X »

Okay, but can I change the last column from 60psi to 15psi? Because I don't need anything as high as 60.

This is what the question was pointed at, if you have to set the last column to the max potential of your map sensor?

I know I won't go past 15, so can i just make the last column 15psi, and scale the others back from there, so I have more resolution from 0 to 15 psi, rather then 0 to 60 psi???
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes you could, but there really is not any need to do so. The fuel and ignition curves should be fairly smooth, and super fine resolution is not necessary.
Hondata