Base map for CR/VTEC EG Swap

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
CRVTEC0WNZJ00

Base map for CR/VTEC EG Swap

Post by CRVTEC0WNZJ00 »

I need some suggestions about the base map setup for Hondata S300. I have yet to do the swap but should be this upcoming weekend pending all the little stupid things that could screw me have shown up. Well heres what I'm using. I need suggestions about IGNITION TIMING AND FUEL AS WELL AS FUEL PRESSURE ETC. Running N/A CR/VTEC 11:5:1 c/r with a 2000 ITR cylinder head with all stock valvetrain.
The Engine:

B20B4 Block Zyglowed, Bored & Honed to 84.5mm with Torque Plate, Align Honed, Hot Tanked, Surfaced & Decked
Crank Magnafluxed, Balanced, Micropolished
Clevite Rod Bearings
Clevite Main Bearings
ARP Head Studs
ARP Main Studs
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Exhaust Studs
Eagle Rods 4340
JE Forged Pistons 11:5:1 Compression Ratio
ITR Water pump
ITR Oil pump
Prodrive Oil Pump Gear
ITR Timing belt and new Belt Tensioner
Golden Eagle LS/VTEC Conversion Piece
Endyn Crankcase Breather Kit
Cometic Head Gasket
2000 JDM ITR Cylinder Head
Megan 4-1 2.5" Collector Header (POS i know but this project literally broke the bank)
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
AEBS Intake Manifold Port matched to STR Throttle Body
AEM SRI Intake
STR 70mm Throttle Body
SiR2 TPS
OBD1 1994 GSR Distributor
OBD1 Integra Alternator
Hasport Engine Mounts
Spoon Sports Magnetic Drain Plugs to filter metal break in shavings

Engine Tuning and Monitoring:

Apex-I VAFC
PLX M300 Wideband O2 Sensor and Controller
Hondata S300 System
Autometer Carbon Fiber Oil Pressure Gauge
Autometer Phantom Oil Temperature Gauge
Jegs Fuel Pressure Gauge

The Fuel System:

Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump
Holley Adjustible Fuel Pressure Regulator
STR Fuel Rail
Precision Engineering 440cc Injectors
Russell Stainless Fuel Line
New OEM Fuel filter

The Drivetrain:

1996 Integra Type-R Transmission with LSD
AI4-HDR6 ACT 6 Puck Clutch with Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
ACT Streetlite 12lb Flywheel
Driveshaft Shop Stage 2 500hp Axles
1999 Civic Si Starter

If no one can help me write a base map...then write up a pretty damn solid one for me, I'll be using 1993 Civic Si sensors for everything and this is going into my 1993 Civic Si. I could really use some help since this is a swap I'll be doing at home and driving for a week or two to get the rings seated before hitting a dyno.
DutchEG6

Post by DutchEG6 »

dump that Apexi V-AFC when you got the hondata
CRVTEC0WNZJ00

Post by CRVTEC0WNZJ00 »

DutchEG6 wrote:dump that Apexi V-AFC when you got the hondata
I'm not going to use the VAFC for anything except rev's and sensor checks because its already installed and I'll just leave it. How about a post that is actually helpful. :wink:
CRVTEC0WNZJ00

Post by CRVTEC0WNZJ00 »

Anyone....? 30 views and one reply...
ridewhencan

Post by ridewhencan »

If I remember correctly, you shouldn't use the vafc with the hondata since the signal wires for the vtm, vtec solenoid and the pressure switch are cut and run through the vafc and this will mess up the tuning.
CRVTEC0WNZJ00

Post by CRVTEC0WNZJ00 »

Okay, I'll unhook the VAFC. However I was told I could run a JDM P30 ECU Map to start and scale it to 2.0L....however I see no place in the software to scale up displacement.
CRVTEC0WNZJ00

Post by CRVTEC0WNZJ00 »

I don't know...but I put in that I had 440CC injectors over the stock 280's or 220's whatever the stock ones are...I used a JDM P72 from 92-95 as the starting point...and I turned up overal fuel correction like 3% because I'll be running probably 50psi at idle...but I don't think these look very safe but I don't know enough about the software to say that yet...

Could use some help for sure...Hondata...where are yah? :(
CRVTEC0WNZJ00

Post by CRVTEC0WNZJ00 »

why is it that hondata admin hasn't replied to this yet... :?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Well... there's no specific problem you seem to be having, and other members of the forum can help you out with the base map.
Hondata
CRVTEC0WNZJ00

Post by CRVTEC0WNZJ00 »

I'm quite curious why there isn't a 2.0L basemap from hondata directly considering LS/VTEC and CR/VTEC builds are pretty damn popular...
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We provide software and tools so that you can tune the car yourself, and are not going to make a calibration for every combination of engine part which exists. A basemap is just a starting point - you can make one yourself very easily by just selecting either the JDM P30 tables (B16A / Type R manifold) or P72 tables (GSR manifold), and then adjusting the injector size.
Hondata
Dee

Post by Dee »

Contact your dealer or go to Honda-tech.com and contact one of the many tuners that lurk there. Stoopid and Mase are topnotch tuners!!
CRVTEC0WNZJ00

Post by CRVTEC0WNZJ00 »

Engine is in the car, got it running too on my own with no help on the tuning aspect!!! But the A/f ratio is 10.X:1 at idle at around 1000rpm...going to ask how to pull some fuel because some of the fuel table numbers confuse me alittle :?
Carchitect

Post by Carchitect »

Its good to see that you've got the thing working but 10.X:1 is way too rich and can easily wash out the rings and loose compression and flood the engine. You really need to tie the wideband into the o2 input and select the appropriate sensor lambda selection. This will enable the software to read the wideband output and display a percentage to adjust the air and fuel ratio via each individual cells. But be aware that us experienced tuners use the percentage to give us a general idea and we always tune in areas not necessarily cell by cell. Tuning is not as easy as most seem to believe.

Since you have spent a pretty penny on the mods you've already accomplished I would rather you take it to a Hondata tuner and have its tuning done. The small price you pay would be worth it to learn how its done rather than doing another engine again.

Just my 0.02 psi

Joe.

Joe.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want
08 IS350 Sport Package, Levinson, Nav, Radar cruise.
94 JZA80 6speed undergoing major weight reduction AKA 911 GT2 killer.
90 DA9 B18C5 retired auto-Xer
CRVTEC0WNZJ00

Post by CRVTEC0WNZJ00 »

I've got friends that know how to tune it they just havn't been able to help me yet, plus I'm in Indiana and there is only one shop here that I know of well enough that has a dyno...but I don't want to go there. As for the hook up of the O2 sensor its a PLXM300 and its wired how it says to wire it to the Hondata, I believe you were talking about the autotune feature under the options menu....and I'm well aware 10.x:1 is way too rich ;) I'm not stupid I just havn't used the software at all until this point and I havn't tuned until this point I'm just trying to get an idea about it and get my friends who have tuned to help me out.