Flex fuel content sensor readout

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
backroadCR-V

Flex fuel content sensor readout

Post by backroadCR-V »

So i have s300v3 and I hooked up my content sensor as Hondata explained. I don't think it's working

Signal wire to Analog 0. I have a 2.4k resistor in between the power and signal wire. And my ground. Should I Chassis ground or ground to one of the analog "Gnd"s?

Also Where do I get a readout of my ethanol content? One the I can see when logging. I see no drop down menu in the analog inputs for "content sensor". I noticed a "eth. %" in the sensor list but it's just reads zero.

I'm leaning towards... my wiring is somehow incorrect or ground is not good. Wiring is simple so I don't know how I could have messed that up lol.

Just trying to troubleshoot the ideas that take less effort 1st, before I go in and tear apart the wires I made.

Any help would be appreciated! Thx!
backroadCR-V

Re: Flex fuel content sensor readout

Post by backroadCR-V »

I'll add that I have a bunch of e85 in the tank right now. And when I have Flex Fuel disabled it runs 16.0-ish. Normally on pump gas it's right at 14,7. When I enable flex fuel with Analong 0 as the input it goes rich like 13ish. But when i raise or lower the fuel enrichment in the flex fuel setup, it does not change my air/fuel ratio it just stays around 13.1 so this leads me to believe my wiring maybe be off somewhere

Thx
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Where do you have it grounded?

Can you post your calibration as well as a datalog showing how it is reading?
backroadCR-V

Post by backroadCR-V »

Thank you Spunkster
It was wiring as I suspected. And of course it was the ONE thing that I was certain should have been good. The power source. For whatever reason the extra switch-power-source I was attempting to use on the fuse box was dead.

Today I double checked my ethanol content sensor harness and made sure it was perfect. I hooked it all back up and it was still the same outcome; not working. I decided I would check the power source (the one thing I was sure was ok) and damn that was the problem the whole time! Moved the power wire one pin over and all works as it should.

The Eth.% readout now reads as it should. Thank you!