SManager software requests

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
rafael_vti

Re: SManager software requests

Post by rafael_vti »

Would be possible to add an option in the "Security" tab to enable an OUTPUT (like MIL, ALTC, A10, etc...) when the security check fails?

For instance the TPS check is enabled to 25% - 50% but when you turn on the car you press too much or forgot to press, then to enable the output selected to inform that the security check failed.

Thanks in advance,
Rafael
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The car not starting is letting you know that it failed. You don't want theives to know they are being thwarted by the ECU.
Johnny_9

Post by Johnny_9 »

Trigger scope for Cam/Crank/TDC sensor
Johnny_9

Post by Johnny_9 »

Better Map compare functionality for fuel and ignition

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11928
Luke

Post by Luke »

would like to see an optional input from external data.

Innovate has with its LM2 and the logworks software some strong combination.
the software gives the possibility to export live data, logged by the unit.

so: you connect your PC with the device and get live data on the screen.

the provide an API, that could be implemented to smanager (if somehow possible) and would send all data read by the device directly to smanager, where it could be logged with the other engine data.

the "problem" (i think it is some behaviour of the potentials in the cigarette lighter, where the device gets its juice) with the voltage offset wouldn't be there anymore, because the data in logsworks is 1:1 with the device.

another option would be: direct logging via innovate MTS through the digital input - but then this input should be also be compatible with tuning.

best regards Lukas
Net_Prosto

Post by Net_Prosto »

Hi! I am from Russia. Need function "Ignition Cut" WITHOUT Fuel Cut option in "Rev Limits". Can you add it?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

That washes the bores down and damages the engine.
Hondata
Net_Prosto

Post by Net_Prosto »

In other EMC such a function exists. Please do.
SPOOLIN

Post by SPOOLIN »

Net_Prosto wrote:In other EMC such a function exists. Please do.
While i think it would not benefit anything, it wouldn't hurt anything.....MSD Step limiters have used this process for decades.
www.MSSRACING.com
9.29 | 6.20 | 167
Luke

Post by Luke »

for the 100th time:

please add some calculations:

example:

User Inputs:
?Vehicle weight in kg = m[580]
?Tire diameter in cm = td[53]
?Gear ratio of run = gear_ratio[1.5]
?Final drive ratio = finaldrive[4.375]
?i Name of RPM channel = rpm[RPM]
?Frontal area of vehicle (sqm) = Ar[2]
?Drag coefficient = Cd[0.45]
?Current atmospheric pressure (millibar) = atmp[1013.2]
?Current temperature (degC) = temp[15]

Calculations:
#SAE correction factor
SAEcf = (1.18 * ((990/atmp) * sqrt((temp + 273.15)/298)) )- 0.18

#air density
density = 0.0412236 * atmp/ (temp + 273.15)

R = td / 200 #tire radius in m

a = slope(RPM) * pi * td/(6000 *gear_ratio * finaldrive)
#acceleration in m/sec^2

# speed in m/sec
v = (RPM * R * pi ) / ( gear_ratio * finaldrive * 30)

# aerodynamic draq in Newton
Fa = 0.5 * density * (v^2) * Ar * Cd

F = m * a + Fa

trq = F * R / (gear_ratio * finaldrive)
MC(torque;Nm;0) = trq
MC(power;hp;0) = trq * rpm / 7121

formulas found in logworks by innovate and copied from there

so hard? this would give us a great road dyno.

some popup with instructions how it should be done (accelaration in a given gear) and that should be just fine :)

best regards Lukas
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You can do this now using DDE.
Hondata
stikerguy

Post by stikerguy »

I have a couple of request.

I would like to have other outputs for example

Shift light on another output rather then the MIL

Fan Control from another output

Can this be done?

I would like to choose my own channel or output
skullbasher

Post by skullbasher »

I think I posted this in wrong section so I just compy pasted it here-

I'm sure I am a little late but I just wanted to say thanks for updating the s300 and adding separate rev limits and shift lights per gear; I remember requesting this not too long ago. Took a while but at least it was done, thanks.

On a side note I have another problem that I seem to run into quite often. Currently on my car I have 8psi spring that I stretch with your solenoid all the way to 23 psi and after playing with the duty cycles, I can get it to hold just nicely without any problem consistently. For a couple years I have been running a somewhat large 60-1 turbo for my built low compression b18b1 non vtec and it would normally take up to 6100rpm to hit 20psi and even though I didn't feel any massive lag, I knew that I could get more out of it with better boost control. Then miraculously you guys updated the s300 with the quickspool option which literally did wonders for me!! I was on the verge of buying a new smaller turbo that would spool a lot faster but after I set up the "quickspool" I was able to get the turbo to spool to full 23psi by 5200rpm(instead of the previous 20psi by 6100) and my car felt crazy responsive and definitely fattened my torque powerband.

BUT...... It did take me a while to setup the quickspool correctly. I noticed that because my turbo was spooling way faster, I had to raise the duty cycles in earlier rpms. The reason why I had to do this was because when the solenoid went from 99% pwm back to the values I set in the "duty cycle table" it would oscillate the boost pressure causing weird sounds from what I'm assuming was my wastegate dumptube. But after tuning the duty cycle tables I was able to fix this and got my turbo to quickspool to 20psi and hold at 23psi firmly.

In conclusion I noticed that everything was working but I found one inherent problem that was forcing me to take out my laptop and switch the values pretty constantly. In the boost tables there is a high and low boost option and I basically have to switch the quickspool values to avoid oscillation whenever I would switch from my high boost map to my low boost map. In my low boost map I have my "duty cycle table" setup to spool 8-14psi depending on gear, but in my high boost map I spool 8-23psi depending on gear. So when I setup my quickspool values to my high boost table and I switch to the low boost table, I get oscillation since the values are too high(on the quickspool table). So as a solution I ask if maybe you guys can possibly create two separate quickspool tables, one for the low and one for the high boost table.

thanks
Albert
joeb

Post by joeb »

A timed ignition retard after launch would be fantastic . This is offered by Msd and works well with the hot rod guys .
stlegal

Post by stlegal »

I want to make sure that the traction off top gears..for example, enough to work with the first and second gears for drag.Wheelspin is not always slowing my car down. Compared to being able to fully accelerate with 100% grip, yes i am losing a little speed, but even when the wheels are spinning, the car is still accelerating.