03-06 CAN adapter harness problem(Accord Euro)

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
Vtecyo

03-06 CAN adapter harness problem(Accord Euro)

Post by Vtecyo »

Just want to ask a few questions regarding my issue to see if anyone else has come across it and can shed some light:

*The colour of my CAN connector is blue and the one on the Hondata instructions says its meant to be green, does it matter? (99.9% sure its the CAN connector, according to http://hondata.com/downloads/04-06_flas ... nstall.pdf)

*Also are the Red and White wires meant to go into the same pins on the CAN connector, as the instructions are for the USDM TSX not the AUDM Accord Euro?

*Last question; When I put the Red and White wire through DLC(OBD2) connector they only go through about half way(on the terminal side) and wont go budge any further.. a bit paranoid that when I take it to Honda to get my immobilizer reprogrammed the pins on their OBD2 tool wont be long enough. Was this the same case for you guys?

I have provided pics, sorry about the quality but its enough to get the general idea

,Thankss
Attachments
DLC(behind).JPG
DLC(behind).JPG (1.55 MiB) Viewed 11152 times
DLC(OBD2).JPG
DLC(OBD2).JPG (1.4 MiB) Viewed 11152 times
Vtecyo

Re: 03-06 CAN adapter harness problem(Accord Euro)

Post by Vtecyo »

apologies for the insanely large photos :S
majork

Post by majork »

same problem bro i take the car with rbb a21 to dealer and he can t pair the unit with the immobilizer. And when i connect my flashpro it said flashpro is connected but need to turn on vehicule (state before motor running) else i'm at that key position.

DOn t know why and i ve follow hondata instructions...

Need help from CL9 EUROPEAN User of rbbA21 and flashpro
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Did you put the larger or the smaller pins into the OBD2 diagnostic port?
majork

Post by majork »

smaller like it's wrote on cable
Vtecyo

Post by Vtecyo »

majork wrote:same problem bro i take the car with rbb a21 to dealer and he can t pair the unit with the immobilizer. And when i connect my flashpro it said flashpro is connected but need to turn on vehicule (state before motor running) else i'm at that key position.

DOn t know why and i ve follow hondata instructions...

Need help from CL9 EUROPEAN User of rbbA21 and flashpro
Hey I don't think the Hondata supplied Red and White cables are used for reprogramming the immobilizer. As it states on the Adapter cable instructions that the grey wire on the OBD2 port "is only used for making changes to the immobilizer"(http://hondata.com/downloads/04-06_flas ... ll.pdf)-on page 4. I think the red and white wires might be for the flashpro and not relevant to reprogramming the immobilizer(not 100% sure, youll need to ask Hondata customer support). Majork check to see if you correctly relocated the grey wire from position 14 to position 1.
Vtecyo

Post by Vtecyo »

Spunkster wrote:Did you put the larger or the smaller pins into the OBD2 diagnostic port?
Each end of the cable was labeled with where they should go; "CAN" or "DLC(OBD2)"
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

* I think colors can differ
* Same as in instructions, you must relocate your DLC pin 14 to 1 pin, add to DLC 6 -white and DLC 14 - red.
* just compare OEM connectors from DLC, they are same lenght as yours from Hondata harness ?
Last edited by Zoro2006 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Known as Vaikis_
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

you can always test connection with a tester:

Hondata harness should be connected allready.
Unplug connector E from ECU
11 - CAN High check with tester if it's connection to OBD2 pin 6 (Hondata harness white wire)
24 - CAN Low check with tester if it's connection to OBD2 pin 14 (Hondata harness red wire)
Last edited by Zoro2006 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Known as Vaikis_
majork

Post by majork »

i've soldered hondata harness on E connector
- red on Low can (red with 2 grey dot )
- white on high can (white with 2 grey dot)

and test with the flashpro now he's just says : "can't find VIN in ECU".

I think it's better than before cos i had another kind of message before : "fp connected but ecu not powered please switch on vehicule" (not the identical sentence).

And pin 14 immo relocated to 1 already.
not a problem cos already modified the pin and my dealer haven't trouble to find my rbb-e05 the first time.
I think rbb-a21 need the can bus for programming immo.
stay tuned :D
Last edited by majork on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

majork wrote:i've soldered hondata harness on E connector
- red on Low can (red with 2 grey dot )
- white on high can (white with 2 grey dot)
one of solutions if you can't find CAN connector in the car ;)
Known as Vaikis_
majork

Post by majork »

i'm thinking i was good but cos not working i ve take decision to soldered it on e connector. and i m sure it's good now just need to test with my dealer on tuesday
Vtecyo

Post by Vtecyo »

Zoro2006 wrote:* I think colors can differ
* Same as in instructions, you must relocate your DLC pin 14 to 1 pin, add to DLC 6 -white and DLC 14 - red.
* just compare OEM connectors from DLC, they are same lenght as yours from Hondata harness ?
Well I took out the White and Red wires today and compared them with the Grey wire.. the White and Red wires are a few mm shorter in comparison with the Grey wire, will take a picture tomorrow :S Also Im 100% sure this is the DLC(OBD2) end of the Hondata adapter as the other end of the adapter fits into the supplied green connector perfectly.
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

if these are too short just buy another pins in radio shack shop and solder to wires ;)
Known as Vaikis_
Vtecyo

Post by Vtecyo »

Zoro2006 wrote:if these are too short just buy another pins in radio shack shop and solder to wires ;)
It shouldn't be too short though, all Hondata Adapter cables should be made equally :S This might be too much to ask but could someone take a comparison photo of the DLC(OBD2) end Hondata Red and White against the Grey cable, I'll upload mine in soon? I just want to see if everyone else is in the same boat