Remote help with h22a4 dyno tune

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
locolopez

Remote help with h22a4 dyno tune

Post by locolopez »

hey guys ive owned a hondata s300 for over a year now but its basicly been in my bedroom draw lol
anyways ive got the s300 in my 99 prelude and im using a basemap i have found ,obviously this needs to be dyno tuned for best results i would love to do this , tho i live in a remote place and there are absolutely no hondata tuners in australia. i have found the only dyno tuner in my area and he has agreed to "try" tune my prelude as he has never touched hondata before ,
my question is can someone please look at my basemap and datalog and possibly give me some pointers to tell the mechanic , all im aware off is its probly really rich ,so im assuming only the fuel map would need to be adjusted?
Ive booked in for next thursday any replies would be great thank u ^_^
Attachments
basemapdrive.s3d
(893.91 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
Mikes stock H22a tune2.skl
(33.74 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
TPI

Re: Remote help with h22a4 dyno tune

Post by TPI »

Honestly need a good 3erd gear pull. Your timing map needs smoothed out also. You also really need to get a Wideband O2 Sensor. It does look like you are running a little rich there. It is hard saying much else with such short gear pulls.
locolopez

Post by locolopez »

thanks for such a quick reply
sorry which timing seems to be out?
mm wideband comes up alot in topic i just have never understood exactly what it is lol.....
locolopez

Post by locolopez »

if i was to get a wideband and a datalog of a third gear pull
how close could a hondata pro get to getting a good map for me ?
id rather pay you guys via paypal then the idiots here lol
locolopez

Post by locolopez »

if i was to get a wideband and a datalog of a third gear pull
how close could a hondata pro get to getting a good map for me ?
id rather pay you guys via paypal then the idiots here lol
TPI

Post by TPI »

http://www.plxdevices.com/wideband.php

It gives you your air to fuel ratio, but more precise and a wider range of voltage readings.

The timing is not out just some sharp jumps on the map. tuner should have no issue fixing those.

Once the tuner gets to work and turns off closed loop, he should be able to fix the fuel issues as long as he knows the basics of tuning. Honestly you might be able to get a simi decent tune off help from here. :)
TPI

Post by TPI »

What modifications do you have on the car?
locolopez

Post by locolopez »

man thank u so much your making me alot less nervous to own a hondata
its a 99 vti-r prelude with
headers
aem cold air intake
skunk2 throttle body (68ml i think...)
skunk2 intake manifold
and exhaust
yeah im hoping he gets it ok on thursday i just have no faith in him lol
Monnoracing

Post by Monnoracing »

Here is a tune that will work with your mods. I went ahead and adjusted the fuel injector size to your stock 295cc injectors. If you have any adjustments needed do not mess with the actual graphs they are good. You will want to focus on the injector size. The tuner should be able to figure this out.
Attachments
H2B Type S 215hp163tq.skl
(34.44 KiB) Downloaded 551 times
locolopez

Post by locolopez »

I will try this map tonight hopefully it runs better then the other basemap
wont the graphs needto be slightly changed while im on the dyno to be closer to this exact prelude ?
Thanks so much guys i had no idea how good hondata support was ,i was always to affraid to ask lol
locolopez

Post by locolopez »

hey monoracing just loaded ur map then - no joy
car starts and dies instantly everytime
everything sounds fine so might eb a simply fix ill have a play with ur map tomorow maybye combine ti with some of TPI's magic ^_^
locolopez

Post by locolopez »

soooo the tuner had a look at Smanager and said sorry mate im not going to be able to help lol
any chance if i get some 3rd gear pulls datalogged
some touch ups could be made?
stikerguy

Post by stikerguy »

If you need any help I do Remote tuning
NateCr3

Post by NateCr3 »

Alot of tuners do etuning now and since you just have bolts on shouldnt be too hard too do. just research some tuners and contact them.
ivancun

Post by ivancun »

locolopez wrote:hey guys ive owned a hondata s300 for over a year now but its basicly been in my bedroom draw lol
anyways ive got the s300 in my 99 prelude and im using a basemap i have found ,obviously this needs to be dyno tuned for best results i would love to do this , tho i live in a remote place and there are absolutely no hondata tuners in australia. i have found the only dyno tuner in my area and he has agreed to "try" tune my prelude as he has never touched hondata before ,
my question is can someone please look at my basemap and datalog and possibly give me some pointers to tell the mechanic , all im aware off is its probly really rich ,so im assuming only the fuel map would need to be adjusted?
Ive booked in for next thursday any replies would be great thank u ^_^
hey man, how did u get you basemap and datalog, dont know anything about hondata yet , and also, got a hondata s300 h22a4 swap on my 95 civic hatchback