Real time software dyno while Live Tuning!!!

FlashPro Manager software
Gernby

Real time software dyno while Live Tuning!!!

Post by Gernby »

I've been putting together a new software dyno over the last week that uses a direct connection to the CAN bus in my '08 S2000, and have had really good results. Due to the very high update rates, I'm able to achieve a road torque plot with the high resolution that I think is needed for a great street tune. It is particularly awesome to use it simultaneously with FlashPro in Live Tuning mode! You can watch the torque plot render as you do the WOT pull, so there's no need to download / export the FlashPro datalogs or upload anything to another application in order to see the torque plot.

However, it really seems to me that there shouldn't be a need for a separate application OR the CAN dongle that I'm using. Would it be possible to include this functionality into FlashPro Manager?

Below is a sample I just made to verify that FlashPro Manager would allow Live Tuning while also capturing WOT pulls. The purple and blue lines were runs to show changes to my midrange ignition timing.

'06 NFR S2000
skier

Re: Real time software dyno while Live Tuning!!!

Post by skier »

OH man..

THIS IS GREAT..

Its a god send for us who do road tune.

Please let it be in the flashpro functions.....
mucter

Post by mucter »

You realize that Hondata products are only sold direct by dyno tuners, right?

Thus, Hondata will NOT implement functionality in their software that competes with the namesake product of every distributor of their product.

They won't even let E-Tunez sell Hondata products directly, for fear of angering their distributor-base.

They do not / will not bite the hand that feeds.

And btw there are a few phone apps that will give you this kind of feedback already.
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

I wasn't aware that Hondata required their distrubutors to have conventional dynos. However, I believe that this functionality would still be great to use in conjunction with a DynoJet. I believe the resolution of the plot will be as good or better than the output from WinPep.

I haven't tried using any phone apps for this, but I can't imagine how they would provide this kind of accuracy, resolution, or repeatability.
'06 NFR S2000