Another Reflash Question

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
rsx257

Another Reflash Question

Post by rsx257 »

Ok, so in the next couple of months I'm going to be replacing my clutch, flywheel, and installing an LSD. My car will be up on stands for a few days and I figure because of this, why not send the ECU in for a Reflash??
My question is: is the reflash upgrade specific? That is: its programmed one way for intake, IMG, and exhaust, then programmed another way for intake only.
I currently have an Injen CAI and that's it. Once the drivetrain work is done, some time after that, an IMG, and exhaust, and MAYBE(big maybe) a shorty header(yes, I know about the running lean issue, but I'll be running the stock cat).
Will the reflash "adapt" to these new parts as they are added? Or do I need to do all that FIRST, then get the reflash?
Thx.
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There is only one reflash. It does not matter what order you get the parts, as the end result is the same.
rsx257

Re: Another Reflash Question

Post by rsx257 »

Rather than start a new thread, I have another question;

On your 02-04 reflash, y' all ran 91 octane fuel. No mention if fuel grade is mentioned for the 05-06. Was it 91 as well?
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

91 is required for all reflashes. It is also required by the stock ECU.
rsx257

Post by rsx257 »

Yeah. Required for stock a well. I was just curious because, I can get 93 here in TX.