vortech b16 tuning

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
ultrab20

vortech b16 tuning

Post by ultrab20 »

well heres a nice story.. tuned the car with the vortech.. the belt was slipiing and wasnt creating boost..so the car made 145whp hahaha

so now
we got a much tighter belt.. but the car still feels like garbage.. its running on 550cc injectors.. should we tune it w/o the supercharger first(how take off the belt and pull off the aftercooler>>?? and then put them back on and tune with the supercharger?? i dont wanna strap it on the dyno and waste time again
locash

Post by locash »

If the belt is not slipping, now is the time to tune it. There is no sense removing the belt and aftercooler if it is working properly. All you need is some decent tuning.
Carchitect

Post by Carchitect »

I've tuned a 99 si with the aftercooled vortech kit using the 10 psi vortech pulley and belt.

The car has an MSD 6a with blaster ss coil,dc 4-1 header,deleted cat,720 greddy injectors, vortech fuel rail, 6an fittings and hose from the stock fuel filter to rail and a vortech fuel optimizer installed onto the oem fuel pressure regulator set to 50psi. The OEM fuel pump was also replaced with a hose since the vortech comes with a bosch 5070 pump.

The vehicle made 275 ft wheel horsepower at redline of 8400. The vehicle also had absolutely no engine work aside from a simple valve adjustment and plug replacement. If you need the Hondata map for this send me an email : Joe@carchitect.com

Joe
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want
08 IS350 Sport Package, Levinson, Nav, Radar cruise.
94 JZA80 6speed undergoing major weight reduction AKA 911 GT2 killer.
90 DA9 B18C5 retired auto-Xer