datalogging - Return to stock versus Stock Equivalent

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
engjoo

datalogging - Return to stock versus Stock Equivalent

Post by engjoo »

Attempting to do a datalog of the car with stock calibration.

What is the difference between doing it on the car that has been "Returned to Stock" versus using the "Stock Equivalent" Cal?

Asking this in the context of FD2 type R but I assume the same would apply to another car supported by Flashpro.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the difference in datalogging them? I don't understand what you are trying to find out?
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

Spunkster wrote:What is the difference in datalogging them? I don't understand what you are trying to find out?
I did a 'Return to Stock' over 3 days of driving (> 200km) and registered zero knock count. Then I uploaded a stock equivalent and started seeing knock count of 5-15 every 20km of driving in using the same fuel and under similar driving condition.

Firstly, I am asking if RTS allows full datalogging of all parameters especially knock count. If not, what are the parameters that may be different or missing?

My second question is if the stock equivalent cal is exactly identical to RTS in *all* aspects related to engine management.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Stock equivalent is not exactly like the RTS calibratoin. It is the closest we can come to stock.
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

Spunkster wrote:Stock equivalent is not exactly like the RTS calibratoin. It is the closest we can come to stock.
It is making sense here as my butt do not feel they are the same after 2 days of driving with "Stock Equivalent", the car do not feel as smooth as RTS.

For a fact which can be seen in the datalog, I do not I get a single knock in the RTS.
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

Spunkster wrote:Stock equivalent is not exactly like the RTS calibratoin. It is the closest we can come to stock.
Does this also applies to the knock tables ? How was the knock tables derived?
Bravo

Post by Bravo »

I too have this exact same problem, but on my FN2 :(

RTS calibration registers 0 knock count on all my datalogs,
BUT "Stock Equivalent" has part throttle knocks +-5 knocks per 5minutes of driving .

I would love to know what settings are different between the two calibrations (to find out where the knock comes from), and why can we not "see" the RTS tables for editing.

For instance I would like to run the RTS calibration with an edited AFM for an custom air intake. Why can't we do this? If the answer is to use the "Stock Equivalent", then I get part throttle knock which is impossible to remove. (reducing ignition where knock occurs doesn't help).

Hondata please explain, thanks.
Bravo

Post by Bravo »

Bravo wrote:I too have this exact same problem, but on my FN2 :(

RTS calibration registers 0 knock count on all my datalogs,
BUT "Stock Equivalent" has part throttle knocks +-5 knocks per 5minutes of driving .

I would love to know what settings are different between the two calibrations (to find out where the knock comes from), and why can we not "see" the RTS tables for editing.

For instance I would like to run the RTS calibration with an edited AFM for an custom air intake. Why can't we do this? If the answer is to use the "Stock Equivalent", then I get part throttle knock which is impossible to remove. (reducing ignition where knock occurs doesn't help).

Hondata please explain, thanks.
romeochris

Post by romeochris »

Just wonder does the RTS profile really 100% same as the stock profile which came with our FD2R? Thx
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

RTS is the factory program.
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

Spunkster wrote:RTS is the factory program.
Where is the source of the "factory program" reloaded back to the ECU during RTS?

Was it from a binary image orginally stored in the ECU or was it from the Flashpro unit itself?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It is a 100% factory program for the RRC ECU.
Hondata