Stock ECU to Reflashed ECU swap??

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
ILoveMyHonda

Stock ECU to Reflashed ECU swap??

Post by ILoveMyHonda »

Hi,

I want to swap my stock MT 2005 TSX ECU with another owner's reflashed 2005 MT TSX ECU.

It would technically be a straight swap right?

As far as immobilizers go would it be too complicated to do this? We would have to ship the ECU's to each other since we don't live that close.

If the immobilizers were a problem, would we be able to ship each others key and ignition along with the immobilizers and ECU and do a straight swap that way?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Please see the email response.
ILoveMyHonda

Post by ILoveMyHonda »

Spunkster wrote:Please see the email response.
Thanks for the fast reply, I haven't recieved an email yet. :(
bluecarbonfiber

Post by bluecarbonfiber »

having a 05 tsx myself.. its easier to swap the ecu and the immobilizer at the same time then all you need to worry about is getting your key reprogram through a dealer most dealers will charge extra to reprogram your key and immobilizer then just the key..

to make things 10 times easier if you both have spare keys you could trade those too and do an accord FOB then you dont have to do the key reprogram at all..
ILoveMyHonda

Post by ILoveMyHonda »

bluecarbonfiber wrote:having a 05 tsx myself.. its easier to swap the ecu and the immobilizer at the same time then all you need to worry about is getting your key reprogram through a dealer most dealers will charge extra to reprogram your key and immobilizer then just the key..

to make things 10 times easier if you both have spare keys you could trade those too and do an accord FOB then you dont have to do the key reprogram at all..
If we just swapped immobilizers and ECUs we wouldn't be able to start the car thought right??

Hmmmm the FOB idea is a good suggestion
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Keep your ECUs and just have them reflashed with the reflash you are wanting to get. If you want a CT reflash you must go through them to get it.
bluecarbonfiber

Post by bluecarbonfiber »

ILoveMyHonda wrote:
bluecarbonfiber wrote:having a 05 tsx myself.. its easier to swap the ecu and the immobilizer at the same time then all you need to worry about is getting your key reprogram through a dealer most dealers will charge extra to reprogram your key and immobilizer then just the key..

If we just swapped immobilizers and ECUs we wouldn't be able to start the car thought right??

Hmmmm the FOB idea is a good suggestion
correct you need the chip in the key too so the immobilizer can read it. that way you can start your car. the FOB trick is pretty painless takes about 2 hours to do.. just gotta be carefull getting the chip out. plenty of how to's on the acurazine site and tsxclub site

i bought my 04 ecu and immobilizer that came with a spare key so i could do a reflash for my 05 AT before the 05 AT was offered and thats what i did was just swapped the chips in the key and didnt have any issues still going strong today 2 years later =)