Popular OBD-2 H22 CKP Sensor error, Important

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Funnyboy

Popular OBD-2 H22 CKP Sensor error, Important

Post by Funnyboy »

Dear Hondata people,

I am having an engine of H22A7 thats located in an European Accord Type-R

Its a serious project and currenlty having an Hondata S300 installed.

H22A7 have all the same sensors that has an OBD-1 car already stock. TDC, CKP and CYP, they all are there, except CKP is on Crankshaft not in distributor, but the teeth count is the same so this shouldnt be an issue.

The problem is that we are having an error code of CKP sensor comming up at all times. Engine seems to work ok. But hard to judge as this error is there all time.

We have checked wires and pins that they goes to sensors and back and they are all functional and wired correctly.

Hondata - have you experienced problem like this and is there a solution. Changing of distributor isnt that easy as H22A7 have a static non rotatable distributor by standart.

Just for reference some picture:

Funnyboy

Post by Funnyboy »

Anyone? Please?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have the balance shafts been eliminated?
Funnyboy

Post by Funnyboy »

Spunkster wrote:Have the balance shafts been eliminated?
Spunkster,

Yes they are elimenated, but we kept the tooth wheel intact for magnetic reading.

We are unable to find a problem, moreever we have built more than 20 Hondata cars, but none OBD-II B H22.

So this is an issue for now. We are in Latvia/Europe and none of Hondata dealers are in logical near distance.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It is eaiter a wiring fault or a mechanical problem since the balance shafts were eliminated. Since we do not have these vehicles here and do not work on cars here we have not seen this. You may find a more detailed answer from one of our dealers that regualalry deals with tuing H-series engines.
XPEHODATA

Post by XPEHODATA »

1. Try to exchange pins from CKP sensor.
2. Try to exchange pins from CYP and TDC sensors together.
Funnyboy

Post by Funnyboy »

XPEHODATA wrote:1. Try to exchange pins from CKP sensor.
I tried this.

It seems this was not a good idea. I switched the pins back and now the car stalls and runs bad.

Could this joke ruined something?
XPEHODATA

Post by XPEHODATA »

Funnyboy wrote:
XPEHODATA wrote:1. Try to exchange pins from CKP sensor.
I tried this.

It seems this was not a good idea. I switched the pins back and now the car stalls and runs bad.

Could this joke ruined something?
Tried what exactly? And what errors were there?
This joke can't ruined anything.
TTR

Post by TTR »

Replace the obd2 distributor with an OBD1 version. I have run into this a few times. OBD1 has all sensor in the distributor, run pins that would go to crank sensor to the OBD1 distributor.
megomaniac

Post by megomaniac »

thats what I did on h22a4, just cross referenced wiring diagrams and put on a td-61u. was only a couple wires to change.
H22A4
turbo
S300
h22a7-crx

Post by h22a7-crx »

hey :)
same prblm
since 1 year and didn't fix it yet :(
stock h22a7= obd2b , obd2b to obd1 conversion harnes , s300 hondata , 2 wires IACV , block off EGR VALVE , walbro fuel pump
don't know wat to do ? keep using the original OBD2B distributor ( 1 plug ) or switch to obd1 distributor ( 2 plugs)
also it shows a knock and LED
ANY HELP , :(
TTR

Post by TTR »

Best thing to do is replace the original distributor with an OBD1 distributor. That is the only thing I have ever had work. Just take the two CKP wires and run them back up by the distributor.
h22a7-crx

Post by h22a7-crx »

TTR wrote:Best thing to do is replace the original distributor with an OBD1 distributor. That is the only thing I have ever had work. Just take the two CKP wires and run them back up by the distributor.

hey thx :)
i did it , replaced an odbd1 distributor instad of the oRiginal but i moved all the ckp and the tdc wires up to the distdributor .
it is working fine but i have K RETARD = 5 V ????? MAY BE COZ I DIDN'T SET THE DISTRIBUTOR AS THE ECU = U THINK
ANY WAY MY CAR DIDIN'T FINISHE YET
THANK U AGAIN:)
TTR

Post by TTR »

Timing shouldn't cause the knock voltage to read 5 all the time. Sync the timing and disable the knock sensor, I never use a knock sensor on an S300 as they don't work real well.
h22a7-crx

Post by h22a7-crx »

TTR wrote:Timing shouldn't cause the knock voltage to read 5 all the time. Sync the timing and disable the knock sensor, I never use a knock sensor on an S300 as they don't work real well.

hey thx :)
i'll Sync the timing and disable the knock sensor !!!
and will post wat i'll have
thx again