help with idle with no iacv

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
jdmjeff

help with idle with no iacv

Post by jdmjeff »

I have a built h22
with pro2..... motor was tuned partthrottle and wot

I have a magnus intake mani that does not allow a iacv..
the car runs great but idle is the problem..we open the throttle plate so it idles at 1200 rpm but after a wot pull and street driving it dies when you come to a stop?
my tuner told me to drill a 1/16 hole on the throttle plate to allow more
mechanical air?
286whp214tq 2.4Lh2b
megomaniac

Post by megomaniac »

In for an answer, as I decided not to use one on my h22 golden eagle intake,

but I'm running a stock cam, can you make the idle speed richer in the fuel map? why does it die? leaning out then quite or just not enough air?

I wouldn't drill the throttle plate, there should be a hole in the throttle body, that you can drill a hole in the intake manifold to match up with that.
H22A4
turbo
S300
jdmjeff

Post by jdmjeff »

not enough air it a 14.7 at idle and all of part throttle
it just needs more air at idle

any one?
were would drill a hole in the t/b?
286whp214tq 2.4Lh2b
kinetics

Post by kinetics »

You don't need to drill a hole, adjust your throttle cable, and it will leave the butterfly valve open a little bit when you let off.
jdmjeff

Post by jdmjeff »

ill try it
anyone ever do that?
is there a idle adjustment on a aftermarket t/b its a blox 76mm?
286whp214tq 2.4Lh2b
Jaker

Post by Jaker »

You don't need to mount the IACV to the intake manifold. It can be mounted to a remote location like the firewall, and run some hoses (I'm using AN-6) from the IACV to a fitting attached to the intake. The ECU will easily open the IACV enough to allow the eingine to idle properly.

Look in this photo to see the IACV mounted right next to the fuel pressure regulator behind the motor. The inlet to the IACV goes from the back of the TB, and the outlet feeds into the manifold directly. As long as the inlet comes from a filtered source, it doesn't matter at all where it comes from.

RedR

Post by RedR »

jdmjeff wrote:ill try it
anyone ever do that?
is there a idle adjustment on a aftermarket t/b its a blox 76mm?
i did that, got it open at 2% and it works fine without the iacv
jdmjeff

Post by jdmjeff »

what rpm does the car idle at?
286whp214tq 2.4Lh2b
fly_n

Post by fly_n »

OT.....but i dont care lol

is that your ED jaker?

if so,could u tell me quickly what fitting u used to adapt the factory fuel hardline poking out the firewall?
RedR

Post by RedR »

1100-1200
HondaFan81

Post by HondaFan81 »

I have S300/P06 ECU setup with alpha N calibration activation.

I'm having similar issues on an NA F22ax with aggressive camshaft. I have stock IACV installed in stock location, but motor was not getting enough air. IACV duty cycle was even at 100%. TB is cracked about 5% for a 1300 RPM idle, but it's still not consistent and stalls out eventually, especially when activating brake booster.

Note: Measured at IM, it takes 3000 RPM to start creating 12 inHg. I have 3% leakdown.

1) Who with similar situation is running MAP/speed density or alpha N based calibrations?

2) Why if in alpha N, does motor need 5% TB opening to even being to idle? Does alpha N still depent on MAP sensor?
F22ax NA Enthusiast
megomaniac

Post by megomaniac »

Alpha-n is supposed to be used for individual throttlebody's, and i beleive its based on tps.

back to the subject........ On my h22 I just adjusted the throttle plate on the tb to be open just slightly. Idle is about 1000-1100 rpm (still need to turn it down a bit). I'm using a Omni 70mm TB and it has a little screw on the throttle stop that allows me to adjust how much its open at idle with out messing with the throttle cable. The screw is hard to get to, I have to jack the car up and adjust it from under neath. Its a PITA. Idles pretty good, but in colder weather I have top hold throttle open a little for it to warm up.
Might install a iacv for ease of adjustment later.
I just clocked my tps a little to get it closer top zero at idle.
0.86 tps at idle

setup:
h22 sleeved/forged internals
turbo
GE manifold
injector dynamics 1000
H22A4
turbo
S300
fly_n

Post by fly_n »

have u tried going to the TPS tab under parameters & e-clocking your TPS to zero?
would prob be ideal to check your achieving 100% throttle as well while your there,now u have mechanically clocked the TPS
megomaniac

Post by megomaniac »

ya, its 99.52% wot. Idle's good and I haven't even set the base timing yet.
H22A4
turbo
S300