another PLX wideband install thread

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
H22A_lude

another PLX wideband install thread

Post by H22A_lude »

Alright, I'm using the PLX for both wideband and narrowband. The problem I'm having is that in reads the same in open and closed loop; like it makes adjustments to inself.

Just to double check my wiring. The positive and ground are wired into my cigerette lighter, narrowband is wired into my O2(D14 if I remember right), widband is wired into D10 ELD. Do I need to wire in the 3.3V and GND on the analog connector? Are they just another positve and ground?

And please don't give me that stupid link. I've looked at it so many times and I've almost gotten nothing from it.

EDIT I can make adjustments and it will read identical to what it was before but it's obviously making the changes.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

IT is impossible for the ECU to make adjustments by itself if it is in open loop. Look at your datalogs and look athe long and short term fuel trim.
H22A_lude

Post by H22A_lude »

Spunkster wrote:IT is impossible for the ECU to make adjustments by itself if it is in open loop. Look at your datalogs and look athe long and short term fuel trim.
Just to make sure, to put it in open loop, I just make sure the closed loop tab doesn't have a check in it, right? I've had it in both and at idle, it adjusts the A/F to 14.5. I can literally watch it adjust to 14.5.

Also, is my wiring right?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you uploaded the calibration to the ECU once you make the change?
H22A_lude

Post by H22A_lude »

Spunkster wrote:Have you uploaded the calibration to the ECU once you make the change?
lol yes. I can tell that it's making a difference but it reads the same. I just bought the PLX gauge to go with it, so I'll find out if it's reading right.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Without the calibrations and datalogs showing the problem it is impossible to speculate on what is happening.
megomaniac

Post by megomaniac »

3.3v analog out put is to power DM-5 gauge, gnd output gets grounded near ecu and connect nb and wb out put to gnd out put with the supplied resistors as close to ecu as possible.
H22A4
turbo
S300
kinetics

Re: another PLX wideband install thread

Post by kinetics »

H22A_lude wrote: And please don't give me that stupid link. I've looked at it so many times and I've almost gotten nothing from it.
H22A_lude wrote: Just to double check my wiring. The positive and ground are wired into my cigerette lighter, narrowband is wired into my O2(D14 if I remember right), widband is wired into D10 ELD. Do I need to wire in the 3.3V and GND on the analog connector? Are they just another positve and ground?
Sorry, I don't give your reading skills much credit.
Your PLX documentation explicitly states to not use the cigarette lighter for power ('dirty' power, bad readings).
My first suggestion is to fix that. Maybe run it off of your 12V and ground for your stock 02 wiring.

NB goes into the stock 02 signal (D14), WB goes into ELD (D10).
Make sure the ELD is disconnected (leave the old part of the wire disconnected, not spliced in) and your ELD is NOT disabled in SManager, otherwise it won't read the voltage coming in from the WB.

Turn on datalogging when you turn the key on, and check your ELD in the sensors window to see what it's reading.
Should start around 2.4-2.5v and climb to 5v over 30 seconds or so, while the engine is off.
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

i had same issue with my DM5 after talking to PLX they told me to pin the lower left 4 pin connector into a seprate wire then ground it because its an extra ground. i tried all the recomended grounds plx said and then some the only way i got mine to work was i oldered it into d14 aswell as the NB wire. works great.

here is the link to plx's recommended grounds
http://www.plxdevices.com/ECUDatabase/H ... _92_95.pdf
H22A_lude

Post by H22A_lude »

FreshDA9 wrote:i had same issue with my DM5 after talking to PLX they told me to pin the lower left 4 pin connector into a seprate wire then ground it because its an extra ground. i tried all the recomended grounds plx said and then some the only way i got mine to work was i oldered it into d14 aswell as the NB wire. works great.

here is the link to plx's recommended grounds
http://www.plxdevices.com/ECUDatabase/H ... _92_95.pdf
What? Could you make that alittle easier to read?

My ELD reads 1.3V. I had it disabled, but just tryed it with it enabled and it did nothing.
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

you take some wire crimp on the plx connector and pin it into the lower left 4 pin on the smf. you then will solder it into one of their grounds but it worked better for me when i soldered it into the NB wire. just like the few said before.

do like spunk said take a datalog and post it with your bun for more help.
uncledan

Post by uncledan »

I have read through the tech section plx wideband connection guide and found it confusing. But, I think I figured it out. The way i understand it is you can wire the narrowband to a spare o2 plug on the white wire and it comes out on d14, then the 5 volt wire to eld. Or, you can just use the 5 volt wired to the white wire on the spare o2 plug, and then the wb 5 volts would be on d14. This would only provide wb signals to the ecu, and you would have to run in open loop all the time. Do I have it right? If not please correct me.
H22A_lude

Post by H22A_lude »

FreshDA9 wrote:you take some wire crimp on the plx connector and pin it into the lower left 4 pin on the smf. you then will solder it into one of their grounds but it worked better for me when i soldered it into the NB wire. just like the few said before.

do like spunk said take a datalog and post it with your bun for more help.
So I should wire both NB and GND(ground) wires into the O2(D14)? I just wanted to clarify.

Oh yeah, I installed the PLX gauge and it says rich 95% of the time, the other times it'll jump to 12.4(hella rich) or say something else(can't remember).
kinetics

Post by kinetics »

FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

the lower left pin GND is another ground for the box pin a wire there and follow plx's instructions on where to pin in for an ecu ground. Yes i had to wire my NB and GND together into d14 i dunno why but it works that way and PLX said it was fine wish i had more of an answer.