Reflash for K24Z2/Z3

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
1QWK9

Reflash for K24Z2/Z3

Post by 1QWK9 »

It is my understanding that you are currently working with CT-Engineering to develop a reflash to support a supercharger kit they are developing:

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718839

I have a 2009 Accord LX 4 cylinder (K24Z2), which has a very similar engine to the 2009 TSX (K24Z3). Will the reflash you are developing for the TSX be compatible for the '08-09 Accord? Thanks!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If we made a reflash for the Accord it would be part of a kit from CT. As far as I know this is not in development.
Hondata
1QWK9

Post by 1QWK9 »

Hondata wrote:If we made a reflash for the Accord it would be part of a kit from CT. As far as I know this is not in development.
Thanks for the quick response! The supercharger kit itself that CT-E is developing for the '09 TSX is completely compatible with the '09 Accord. The engines are almost identical. I believe it comes down to the reflash aspect. Do you know if the ECUs themselves are significantly different? Could the reflash for the TSX ECU be applied to the Accord ECU?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You cannot transfer the program from a TSX ECU to an Accord ECU.
1QWK9

Post by 1QWK9 »

Spunkster wrote:You cannot transfer the program from a TSX ECU to an Accord ECU.
Is that because the programming of each ECU is completely different? The most significant difference in programming that I could think of is that the TSX has i-VTEC on both cams whereas the Accord has it only on the intake cam. However, from what I remember of your KManager software you simply disable certain tables if they do not apply to the application.

Is there no desire to create a "simple" reflash for the Accord like you have done for most other Hondas? I know that it comes down to market demand, but I am very confident that the demand would be huge. I am a member of an Accord forum and other members are crying for a tuning solution!
1QWK9

Post by 1QWK9 »

I see you have a new product called FlashPro. It would be REALLY nice if you offered this for the Accord. :)