S300 with PLX error code D10 ELD

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
darknight

S300 with PLX error code D10 ELD

Post by darknight »

Hi, I am running a S300 with the PLX SM-AFR and DM-5 display. I have the wideband output wired to D10 (ELD). During normal street driving i get no error codes. On the track (road racing) I get an ELD error code during the run.. it wont happen just idling or driving around slowly.

Is this code thrown if the car runs very rich, or very lean? Does it have an effect on the datalogs of the A/F ratios i am taking (meaning if the ELD error occurs, would it effect the data being logged on the same wire - D10)
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

Did you disable ELD in the software?
Did you make sure you CUT the ELD wire and not splice the wideband wire into it? You must the ELD completely then wire your wideband directly in.

post a cal.
sql_civic

Post by sql_civic »

turbosi92 wrote:Did you disable ELD in the software?
Did you make sure you CUT the ELD wire and not splice the wideband wire into it? You must the ELD completely then wire your wideband directly in.

post a cal.
I have the exact same setup and it works when you follow these directions.
darknight

Post by darknight »

Yes i did cut the ELD wire, but did not disable ELD in the software.. I assumed that you have to keep it running to get a reading. I will diasable it and see if the error code goes away.

On another note, in my search for a solution to this problem i came accross several posts where people have mentioned removal of resistors R136,R138. Is this needed?
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

darknight wrote:Yes i did cut the ELD wire, but did not disable ELD in the software.. I assumed that you have to keep it running to get a reading. I will diasable it and see if the error code goes away.

On another note, in my search for a solution to this problem i came accross several posts where people have mentioned removal of resistors R136,R138. Is this needed?
Depends on how far off your wideband display is with Hondata. I'd recommend removing them. I haven't had a case yet where it didn't help.