skunk2 stage 1 with reflash

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
hawjdude

skunk2 stage 1 with reflash

Post by hawjdude »

hi, i will be putting in some skunk2 stage 1s in to my 06 civic si, was wondering if the stage 1s would be too aggressive for the basic reflash for the 06 civic si? or do u think the reflash would be sufficient ? i know the reflash is specifically for vehicles w/ i,h,e (basic bolt ons). any suggestion would be appreciated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This is not something we have tested.
hawjdude

piggyback like system

Post by hawjdude »

i heard there may be a piggyback style system from hondata for the 06 and up civic si instead of a kpro system. is this true?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

No. "I heard ..." = rumour/speculation/hearsay.
Hondata
hawjdude

Post by hawjdude »

have u guys done any testing with type r cams at all with the 06 reflash? just curious because i remember reading articles u guys did on a tsx motor w/ type r cams w/ reflash.
hawjdude

Post by hawjdude »

hey guys, here are my dyno sheets for my 06 civic si. i was thinking about how the reflash doesn't do anything for a/f adjustments. However, with the reflash, do u guys think it'll smoothen out my richness in the midrange? the reflash will kick the vtec around where i start to run rich so i was thinking with vtec there, the extra air flow should make my a/f more stoichiometric there since im a bit rich around that midrange(assuming the ecu doesn't send more fuel when it reads this extra air flow). what do u guys think? the ecu didn't send in too much fuel when i was in vtec being that my a/f was around 13/1 until the stock redline. my mods are: cai, rh, exh, no reflash.
Attachments
si dyno 1.jpg
si dyno 1.jpg (237.92 KiB) Viewed 4935 times
si dyno 2.jpg
si dyno 2.jpg (231.47 KiB) Viewed 4935 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Changing the intake from stock affects the AFM, which is what makes the engine rich in the mid range. The reflash probably won't change the AF in this region, but will help power with a lower VTEC point and better cam angles.
Hondata
hawjdude

Post by hawjdude »

hondata, have u guys heard of X's intake( it utilizes oem intake parts w/ a modified maf)? if so, do u guys think it'll help with that midrange richness then? i know he's shown several dynos but i wanna get ur take on this X intake. thanks.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

No. The only way to tell would be on the dyno.

It would be nice if the companies developing intakes would check and adjust the tube profile at the AFM so that they run the same AF as the stock intake.
Hondata
hawjdude

Post by hawjdude »

alright, thanks.
valeratj

Post by valeratj »

Hey, have u installed cams yet? I want stage 1 + reflash on my TSX :D
vinz974

Post by vinz974 »

Hi guys,
i m french and my car is civic type r fn2 k20z4. Here my mods: hondata reflash ecu, catback, cpl race header, cai injen, rrc intake manifold, 70mm throttle body dbw, exedy stage 2 clutch and flywheel, skunk2 fuel rail...
i want to buy skunk2 stage 1 cams !! Can you tell me if it s compatible with my reflash ecu ?
thanks
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The reflash was made for stock cams. Aftermarket cams may or may not work correct - there is no way of knowing without dyno testing. In any case, with cams we recommend the use of the FlashPro so that you can tune the ECU to the engine.
Hondata
vinz974

Post by vinz974 »

Ok, thanks !!