Need advice with shift lagg.

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
civicbynature

Need advice with shift lagg.

Post by civicbynature »

I don't have a lambda senor yet so self tune is out for now. but. Right now i'm using a modified p28 cal. and my d16z6 is pullin strong till i shift as soon as i pull a hard shift it falls flat on it's face for about a sec and then takes off. this i figure is obviously a fuel/timing table error. I'm just not sure where i should began looking. i thing i've explained this fairly well . if not let me know. any advice may help. Please

oh ya it's n/a if that helps.
scottishpol

Post by scottishpol »

Get a wideband asap, it is essential

Dont thrash it till you are able to see exactly what is going on, otherwise you run the risk of damage.
boosted crx-r

Post by boosted crx-r »

i had the same exact problem...come to find out my TPS was wired wrong. I would check for a bad tps or bad wiring
shut up and boost it!
civicbynature

Post by civicbynature »

When your tps was messed up did it give you any other problems. cause the main problem i'm haveing is that it's pulling good through the the gear but it's when i go to shift. saying for example i run it to 6gran of so and i shift hard and fast but as soon as i wot it just nose dives. if i let out of it as of course i have too cause it really isn't doing anything and then punch it again it goes.
boosted crx-r

yes

Post by boosted crx-r »

it was just like that...I would pull hard in first then try to shift into second and it would bog down so bad that it almost threw me into the windshield, then it would pick up and take off!!
shut up and boost it!
SlowHondaHatch

Post by SlowHondaHatch »

Was it like that before you put the chip in??
civicbynature

Post by civicbynature »

yep he was right kinda. it was in fact TPS related. I had some calibrations off for the TPS signal. thanks guys.