JRSC Setup With Surging Idle.

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
jsoman

JRSC Setup With Surging Idle.

Post by jsoman »

I've recently installed a race version JRSC and now I have an idling problem which I didn't have when NA. I checked this forum and found instructions from Hondata's Sticky post about (Surging Idle) It recommended cleannng the IAC. I followed the instuctions and cleaned the mechanical part thoroughly but haven't seen any improvement in the idle problem. The post also suggests tuning to improve the idle but I am reluctant to try this as it seems unlikely to be the problem.

Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.

Below is my datalog.

Thanks, John
Attachments
TB2 2nd.kdl
(327.31 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
scottishpol

Post by scottishpol »

Going from NA to SC will require the idle region to be re-mapped!

Considering you have gone through all the mechanical checks, mapping your idle would be the next logical step!
jsoman

Post by jsoman »

I talked to a guy @ Dynospot that dyno's K20's both NA and SC and he said to run a base cal closest to what I'm running. In my case I'm using what I think is called the JRSC 550cc 9psi cal. He said that should be close enough to run without problems so that I could drive the car to him for dynoing. He didn't mention anything about altering the cal. Since I am planning on driving about 5 miles to the dyno does it seem ok to go ahead and drive it as is or should I tune the idle before I go? I'm reluctant to try and alter anything as I haven't played with the software other than loading the cal.
If needed I guess I will have to dive in and give it a go.
scottishpol

Post by scottishpol »

If you are getting it mapped by your tuner then it will suffice to get you there.
Just dont rag on it,
once its fully mapped on the dyno, all should be good!
Good luck!
jsoman

Post by jsoman »

I may play with the idle mapping so I can get familiar with the software - got to do it sometime. Thanks for the feedback!