s300J

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
adamjd

s300J

Post by adamjd »

i own a UK Honda Civic Coupe 1.6VTI (B16a2), which ecu/Hondata would be compatible with my car? should i be waiting for the s300J? what is special about the Unit? i currently have a s200 w/boost, is it worth keeping or should i upgrade? Thanks.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

What year is the car, and what type of ECU are you currently running?
Hondata
adamjd

Post by adamjd »

1999 - OBD2 - I think? maybe OBD2B.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

To use a Hondata system, you will need to use a compatible OBD1 ecu from the list at http://www.hondata.com/ecus.html. You can then use the Hondata s100, s200 or s300/s300j depending on what options you want.
adamjd

Post by adamjd »

So if i got hold of a UK OBD1 would i need a s300 or a s300J? what is the purpose of the s300J? i was under the impression that a s300 would not work over here in the UK but the s300J would?
scottishpol

Post by scottishpol »

S300 is for usdm/edm rectangular frame

S300j is for jdm, square frame ecu's
adamjd

Post by adamjd »

So which ecu am i likely to find over here? JDM or EDM, both?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Assuming you are in Europe, my guess would be EDM ecus (european ecus) would be more common.
adamjd

Post by adamjd »

i know the s300j is for JDM ecu's, but, which vehicles have these? i waited till may under the impression i was waiting for the s300j when all along icould of got the s300! Great! Oh well, you don't do part exchange do you? also do i have to buy it from a dealer or can i get it straight from you because the markup over here (UK) is extortionate last time i checked, cheers.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We don't sell directly, but you can order through any of the dealers listed at http://www.hondata.com/dealers.html

There is a complete list of compatible ecu's at http://www.hondata.com/dealers.html and you can also find applications by vehicle. I cannot tell you what European vehicles will have what ecu, as we are not familiar with the European vehicles and what ecu's they have.
scottishpol

Post by scottishpol »

Have you got your s200 currently fitted ?

Look at your ecu and post the details that are on it.
adamjd wrote:because the markup over here (UK) is extortionate
I agree with you, and beleive this puts alot of people off Hondata in the UK.
It isnt called "rip off Britian" for no reason!
nominous

Post by nominous »

There are a few more people that are dealers in the UK but choose not to be listed or dont sell enough stock and leave the listed ones to dea lwith the crettins. If you frequent the forums, I know scottishpol does, you'll get a rough idea of whom they are. I'm not one of them btw :lol:

If you need a compatible ECU however, I'm your man :wink: