Constant CEL???

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Skelly

Constant CEL???

Post by Skelly »

So heres the deal I had been driving my car for about a week and it had been running fine, mild built gsr, Hondata s200 p28, dyno tuned, but yesterday the cel came on and it wouldnt rev over 4k and its idleing at 2k obviously its in limp mode, I cut j1( I soldered it back together now) to see if the ECU had went bad but the cel didnt come on, but the Hondata Box kept blinking, so Im guessing its the chip right? but how would my chip just go bad??
Skelly

Post by Skelly »

Help Please....
scottishpol

Post by scottishpol »

Does it throw a code?, try double checking all soldered joints and loom connections.
Skelly

Post by Skelly »

Im not throwing any codes, my Hondata Box is just blinking.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds more like a cold solder joint. The car should run to 4000 RPM the same if the interface box is connected or not, unless the problem is with the ECU reading the eeprom.
Skelly

Post by Skelly »

I resoldered the connections; the Hondata eprom chip, 4 pin, and the SN74HC373N chip, but its still doing the same thing, what else could it be? I never took the chip out, so if it is the chip, then the chip just went bad while I was driving...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Check continuity of the wires on the interface cable.
Skelly

Post by Skelly »

My interface cable had gotten crimped, so I ordered a new one, and it finally got here, but it wasnt the problem...
Skelly

Post by Skelly »

Well I got a new ecu and tried it but it didnt change ANYTHING, so since my chip more than likely didnt go bad while I was using it, then my blue box must be the culprit, so I should send it in for you guys to check out right.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you tried a known good map from a known good chip to see if the problem goes away. ALways use the process of substitution of konwn goods.