9TH GEN CIVIC SI TUNE

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

iwantvtec

9TH GEN CIVIC SI TUNE

Post by iwantvtec »

2014 Honda Civic si coupe
mods: skunk 2 exhaust, cat-less dp, stage 3 act clutch, hondata, (plan on getting cai very soon)

Hi I am new to these forums i've had my si for about 2 years now i've been tuning it for half a year or so by myself but at this point my car drives like mud water and I was told I could get help here. I provided a datalog recording below. It's not the current tune, but it is recent and similar to what i'm working with now. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Attachments
CURRENT.fpdl
datalog
(366.38 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
CalibratEd

Re: 9TH GEN CIVIC SI TUNE

Post by CalibratEd »

Welcome to the forum,

Post the calibration file your are running as well. I can take a look at it and let you know if you’re on the right track. Evans tuning has great videos is you are trying to learn to tune yourself.

-Ed
Instagram: calibrated.tuning
iwantvtec

Post by iwantvtec »

Thanks for replying so quick! This is my current calibration, it is not what was used for the datalog but it is pretty close I'd say. I have some of his vids but I guess I have to watch more of them I only watched the Naturally aspirated 9th gen si part 1-4 series
Attachments
pop tune 4.fpcal
(19.41 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

iwantvtec wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:45 am Thanks for replying so quick! This is my current calibration, it is not what was used for the datalog but it is pretty close I'd say. I have some of his vids but I guess I have to watch more of them I only watched the Naturally aspirated 9th gen si part 1-4 series
It is good practice to provide the calibration associated with the datalog.

-Ed
iwantvtec

Post by iwantvtec »

My apologies I just havent been wanting to drive because it runs so poorly and gas is terrible but I have attached the current calibration along with a datalog I just recorded with the current calibration. Hope this helps
Attachments
pop tune 4.fpcal
(19.41 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
CURRENT.fpdl
(325.29 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

I'm not sure what your approach is but i would recommend setting the car to run on speed density. The trims don't look to bad but its pulling a lot of timing. I would remove the "pop tune" section until you have dialed in the calibration properly. I also noticed the car is running hot. The Engine coolant got up to about 230F.

-Ed
iwantvtec

Post by iwantvtec »

I think it is running hot because of a bad thermostat, u purchased one today and i'll have it in monday. I will definitely go with a speed density calibration, could you make some adjustments to the current one to make that happen or do you need another datalog without the "pop tune" section. Again thanks for helping
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

iwantvtec wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:04 pm I think it is running hot because of a bad thermostat, u purchased one today and i'll have it in monday. I will definitely go with a speed density calibration, could you make some adjustments to the current one to make that happen or do you need another datalog without the "pop tune" section. Again thanks for helping
You need to set the car to speed density and datalog the car again. I can’t do anything with the current datalog as all the tunes I do are speed density.

-Ed
iwantvtec

Post by iwantvtec »

Sorry I do not really understand these terms, like I said I am still kinda new to this, but before my commute to work this morning I switched to a hondata reflash calibration, then a MAF tune because a few min into the ride I got a flashing check engine light and had to pull over but the MAF tune got me to work but it still runs poorly and my car shakes at higher speeds (60+mph). any help dialing one of these in would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
MAF tune calibration.fpcal
(19.69 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Hondata Reflash.fpcal
(19.37 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
MAF tune.fpdl
(129.48 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
stock reflash.fpdl
Hondata Reflash
(45.81 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

I went ahead and switched the tune to run on speed density. Both the calibration files you provided where using the MAF.
Load the new file and datalog the car.

- Ed
Attachments
iwantvtec_base.fpcal
(19.4 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
iwantvtec

Post by iwantvtec »

I uploaded the calibration and I could only datalog for about 2 min before my dash lit up like xmas tree and I had to pullover and switch back to my pop tune for the time being. But I attached the datalog
Attachments
iwantvtec_base datalog.fpdl
(35.44 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

I cant do much with the datalog provided. The car needs to reach operating temperature. I suggest you let the car idle for about 5-10 minutes and then try to part throttle drive it. This will let me know the fuel is. I don't want to add or remove fuel blindly.

You also said it light up like a Christmas tree. Did the CEL turn on?

-Ed
iwantvtec

Post by iwantvtec »

I am going to replace the thermostat and install the CAI on wed so I will do that so the temperatures are all accurate and I will send you another datalog of the calibration you sent. I believe the CEL did turn on I got a stream of codes, saying uphill start or something, steering assist, a bunch of unusal codes I do not normally get.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

iwantvtec wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:19 pm I am going to replace the thermostat and install the CAI on wed so I will do that so the temperatures are all accurate and I will send you another datalog of the calibration you sent. I believe the CEL did turn on I got a stream of codes, saying uphill start or something, steering assist, a bunch of unusal codes I do not normally get.
Seems odd. I didn’t do anything other than switch it to speed density. We will see on the next log.

-Ed
iwantvtec

Post by iwantvtec »

My apologies for the delay, I spent a decent amount of time doing stuff to the car and then long shifts at work. On the flip note, I installed the thermostat so the temps should be reading right and I haven't had any overheating issues since and I also installed a skunk2 cai so the car is running differently. I attached a datalog of the MAF Tune calibration. The car ran longer than last time but I think I may have pushed the car a little too hard and then right after the lights came on and I had a blinking check engine light. Hope everything is well and I look forward to your reply

-Marc
Attachments
MAF tune calibration.fpcal
(19.69 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
iwantvtec_base datalog.fpdl
used "MAF Calibration"
(92.63 KiB) Downloaded 51 times